• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    Baby daddy was unwise in his actions for sure.

open door of car and point gun.

Not sure officer can allow her to render aide if he does not know that the baby daddy does not have more firearms on his possession and she may go for it? I think he had to keep her off until more officers arrived. He still has to keep his own safety in mind.
    Exactly

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    No sympathy and the guy was probably dead, but why didn't the officers attempt to render aid as soon as the second officer arrived? He almost went out of his way not to.

Last edited:

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    I'm white, don't have much money, don't spend much on clothing yet somehow manage to not look like poor white trash. Perhaps I should teach a course on how to do it.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I would assume the officer wouldnt render aid until scene was secure. If baby momma shut up and backed away and no longer was a possible threat then maybe he could have. The other officer was also doing control and looking to direct emts. Notice how once she exited that they could start but by then way too late. Maybe too late the moment the door opened.

The kid was a moron. You see a suspicious vehicle observe first. "Hi are you lost, can I help you" goes further than rush a car with gun out and mask up. I don't care where you are. In fact if its a trouble spot then just stay the freak away.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Even taking the story at face value that Mark was checking/confronting a suspicious guy in the neighborhood, his approach was waaaaay wrong. Again if taken at face value, he should have called 911, not go head first with his own gun already drawn. It's his job, but that lawyer is grasping.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    I would assume the officer wouldnt render aid until scene was secure. If baby momma shut up and backed away and no longer was a possible threat then maybe he could have. The other officer was also doing control and looking to direct emts. Notice how once she exited that they could start but by then way too late. Maybe too late the moment the door opened.

The kid was a moron. You see a suspicious vehicle observe first. "Hi are you lost, can I help you" goes further than rush a car with gun out and mask up. I don't care where you are. In fact if its a trouble spot then just stay the freak away.
    Scene was secure when the second officer arrived to control the GF IMO, but it's a judgment call. Doubt it alters the outcome, just seemed like there wasn't much interest in rendering aid.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Scene was secure when the second officer arrived to control the GF IMO, but it's a judgment call. Doubt it alters the outcome, just seemed like there wasn't much interest in rendering aid.
    Wasn't there a comment in a thread that CPR just pumps the blood out faster? ;)

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Wasn't there a comment in a thread that CPR just pumps the blood out faster? ;)

Sure. And if you do it long enough like I have, it will eventually come out of their nose and mouth. Their eyes will occasionally move as if they’re regaining consciousness. It’s not pretty.

That doesn’t mean you can’t render aid.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Apply chest seals, pack junction wounds, tourniquet arterial limb bleeds, place patient in recovery position.

Sure. And if you do it long enough like I have, it will eventually come out of their nose and mouth. Their eyes will occasionally move as if they’re regaining consciousness. It’s not pretty.

That doesn’t mean you can’t render aid.
    Sorry, the winky ;) was meant to imply the comment was in jest.

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    It’s very difficult to determine that the scene was secure from the limited scope of the body cam footage. The whole family seemed to be trying to push past the officers who were there after only a few short minutes. Had the officer been focused on on rendering aid to the person who just shoved a gun in his face, another guy with a gun could have appeared. The guy claiming to be his brother seemed like he was breathing fire when he got there.

I’ve never seen a working crystal ball in any patrol car or duty belt. While the outcome was unfortunate, and it’s easy to play armchair quarterback and say that it seemed like rendering aid was a low priority, those officers had a ton to keep track of.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    It’s very difficult to determine that the scene was secure from the limited scope of the body cam footage. The whole family seemed to be trying to push past the officers who were there after only a few short minutes. Had the officer been focused on on rendering aid to the person who just shoved a gun in his face, another guy with a gun could have appeared. The guy claiming to be his brother seemed like he was breathing fire when he got there.

I’ve never seen a working crystal ball in any patrol car or duty belt. While the outcome was unfortunate, and it’s easy to play armchair quarterback and say that it seemed like rendering aid was a low priority, those officers had a ton to keep track of.
    Yep, can only go by what we see. Def could have been other factors to consider, totally get that.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Boys Crowder approves

If I ever approach a LEO vehicle, I do it with my arms outstretched, and I make sure they see me from a distance

I don't sneak around the front, while wearing a mask

You want to get shot?
    Because that's how you get shot.
    Baby mommy's baby now has a great video for show and tell.: "This is the day my dumb a$$ daddy was kilt. I never knew my daddy 'cause the stupid gene is strong in my family. Watch my stupid momma. I get to see her once-a-month 'cause she was charged with felony murder. She was my daddy's driver so she also guilty of the crime trying to rob five oh when daddy got kilt dead right there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom