• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have the luxury of watching this from the comfort of my chair. A few thoughts...

- EXCELLENT situational awareness. Got the door open as soon as he saw the guy.
    -Excellent gun skills. Shots on target from seated and holstered into an armed subject behind him, to his left, while exiting the car.

He didn't open the door, the thug did. That actually helped him. Because he was able to shoot with both hands. Thing is, he could have easily shot through the door too.

I'll also add, if you get a door open and you are sitting there, you need to get a foot on the door to keep it open.
    Slamming it open, it could easily bounce back, catch your leg, knock the pistol out of your hand, etc...

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The reason I posted this video link was because of my previous 4 paid training sessions, only in the latest session (shoutout to DCSALLC), did the instructor really impress me with "after the shooting" conduct, like protect yourself from other unknown threats, and protest the scene until police arrive. This kind of drove it home!
    Thanks for posting this. It is very important for us NON LEO people to see how badly and how fast the SH hits the fan. Just witness how freaking fast that cop reacted. How can citizens with 0 training know just how aware and prepared we need to be. Then be up to getting as much training as possible, practicing and educating ourselves on how to spot trouble, be always situationally aware etc.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Boys Crowder approves

If I ever approach a LEO vehicle, I do it with my arms outstretched, and I make sure they see me from a distance

I don't sneak around the front, while wearing a mask

You want to get shot?
    Because that's how you get shot.

Same, eric. I had a near run in with the driver/passengers of a work van while being the lead car to make a left turn off Washington Blvd into the drive lane of the Wawa and further up, Home Depot. These guys essentially tried to pass me by from behind on my right just before I was going to go past the WAWA entrances and make a right on up at the Home Depot entrance. I could have easily side swiped them if I actually didn't assert my right to the lane up until I reached the HD entrance. When we both managed the right turn to the HD lot, they gave me some flip comments and sped off into Fire Lane of the lot and at least one went in the store. I chose to not go in the store but to get their plate number and pic of van parked in the fire lane of HD and go discuss the incident with the officers in the pair of Balto Co cops in the Wawa parking lot.

I parked my car in plain sight of them and approached them from the front at a slow enough pace where they could assess my level of threat or not, plus I began to speak at a distance far enough to be heard and to make my intentions known. I asked if I could discuss a matter of what amounts to my perceived danger at those guys and told them where the van was. They proceded to leave WAWA and go to the HD saying that they would check them out.

Last edited:

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    That backs up the decedent's survivor's story. Jr was stupid. Like my friend wilcam47 said, FAFO

My conclusion: Jr. was a Darwin recipient. There's no way any sane thinking person can hold the officer responsible for Jr's demise. Just my humble opinion.
    Sadly, to be a Darwin award winner, you must remove yourself from the gene pool. This individual already had children; hopefully they’ll be raised properly without this individual in their lives to corrupt them. Of course, to quote a great man, “That seems like optimism to the point of foolishness.”

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    The officer did an excellent job of communication. He was reacting to Mark’s behavioral aggression and lack of communication with him while initiating contact. When the gun is displayed by Mark who is wearing a face mask, that set the tone beyond the first 3 seconds. If Mark who’s probably been around the village before, displayed his behaviors before, this time he erred. Moral of the story. He made a mistake and paid the price for getting away with this many times before. My intuition.

While Mark the Baby Daddy approaches the officer who is constantly trained and at the ready, has already begun his rote training process as hes drawn his service pistol as Mark opens the door of the unmarked car.

Moral of the story: The aggression in society today has changed policing geometrically. Not until you put yourself in an Officers shoes will anyone understand.

Solution: If you see someone sitting in a car in your neighborhood that you don’t recognize, just call the Police and they will follow up.

Mark was probably the Mark.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    The guy opening a car door with weapon drawn got what he deserved. GOD put stupid people on this earth to keep the herd thinned out. Those who want to blame his upbringing or not having an opportunity as everyone else are just idiots. Every person in this country has the same opportunities. Stay in school, work hard in school and get your education. Get any job no matter how demeaning you may think it is and do your best at it. However, everyone today seems they are entitled to do nothing and should be given everything without hard work.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    The guy opening a car door with weapon drawn got what he deserved. GOD put stupid people on this earth to keep the herd thinned out. Those who want to blame his upbringing or not having an opportunity as everyone else are just idiots. Every person in this country has the same opportunities. Stay in school, work hard in school and get your education. Get any job no matter how demeaning you may think it is and do your best at it. However, everyone today seems they are entitled to do nothing and should be given everything without hard work.
    This^^^

Life is all about personal decisions. The inability to learn from one's mistakes makes them a stupid person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom