Self serve tire air fill locations in or near Carroll Co.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    My truck tires require 80 lbs. of air pressure. Anywhere in or near Carroll Co. that is self serve and has at tire air compressor that will pump up to or over 80 lbs. of air pressure? Tried a number of locations (BJ's, Sheetz, et.al.) and the highest setting on their pump is 70 lbs.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Not a direct answer to your search but, have you considered getting your own?

Our oldest was in a similar boat (RAM, actually) only he was commuting between So MD and Oxon Hill and some of the sh*t he saw (and narrowly avoided) getting in and out of the few places he found with whatever psi he needed prompted us to simply gift him a compressor. (Actually, the gift was to ourselves; I was just sure sooner or later he was gonna get truck-jacked by some misunderstood, disenfranchised yutes, you know, the kind that Obama would say “those coulda been my boys” <slow eye roll>)

Happily, he is down here nearer us now (with his NC CHP so yeah, “c’mon all you little Obamas!” ;-) and, even though that was quite a few years ago but, I’ll see if he still has it and who made it etc … I know it wasn’t exactly cheap (iirc got it on sale at Home Depot) but, it didn’t break the bank and he wound up using it for all sorts of other stuff as well. (He was renting an apt up there at the time.)

Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Not a direct answer to your search but, have you considered getting your own?

Our oldest was in a similar boat (RAM, actually) only he was commuting between So MD and Oxon Hill and some of the sh*t he saw (and narrowly avoided) getting in and out of the few places he found with whatever psi he needed prompted us to simply gift him a compressor. (Actually, the gift was to ourselves; I was just sure sooner or later he was gonna get truck-jacked by some misunderstood, disenfranchised yutes, you know, the kind that Obama would say “those coulda been my boys” <slow eye roll>)

Happily, he is down here nearer us now (with his NC CHP so yeah, “c’mon all you little Obamas!” ;-) and, even though that was quite a few years ago but, I’ll see if he still has it and who made it etc … I know it wasn’t exactly cheap (iirc got it on sale at Home Depot) but, it didn’t break the bank and he wound up using it for all sorts of other stuff as well. (He was renting an apt up there at the time.)
    Yikes... really dude?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    OP, I had a nail in my tire that I didn't find out about until a low pressure light came on. Just happened I was going to Lowes to get some stuff. Our Lowes (Columbia) had a compressor outside by the Pro Services entrance (usually by the lumber area). I would imagine that it is capable of those higher pressures, although I was in my car and only needed 40 psi.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Are you running 80psi unloaded? The shop across from 7eleven in New windsor has air available. The Marathon at corner of 26&27 also has air for trucks.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    My truck calls for 80psi in the rear. I only bump up to that if I am loading it to the trucks capability. Otherwise I do 60.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Get your own air compressor, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
    You don't need a big one.

I bought a little flat "pancake" Craftsman "commercial" model 25 years ago. It fits under my work bench. You don't have to change oil in it. I got a Good Year rubber air hose, made in USA! from Harbor Freight that's long enough to reach my driveway and street. I also have one of those curly hoses that retracts itself and stays under the work bench.
    When my kids were younger, all their friends and kids in the neighborhood used it for their bike tires, pool toys, balls and whatnots. I use it every day for cleaning guns, parts, air tools, blowing dust off stuff, blowing dust out of saws, sanders and other tools. It's a must for blowing water and dirt out of guns after a rainy day hunting or cleaning a muzzle loader. Great for cleaning gun mechanisms and blowing excess oil out of bolts and trigger groups.
    When each of my three sons got their own houses, one of the first things they bought was a small air compressor. They all agree it's one of the most used and indispensable tools in the shop.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Nearly every automotive shop will have an air hose capable of 80 psi. In the shop I worked at years ago, if folks asked politely - we'd let just about anyone use for free.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    I am on team owning one is nice. I did a dual compressor set up in my jeep with a 5 gallon tank at 220psi. I can fill 4 37 inch tires from 8 to 32 psi in 4.5 minutes. Its %100 duty cycle at 90 psi. The stuff I have used it for is amazing. Its nice having an impact gun and other air tools in the woods or to change a tire. Being able to inflate my own and other peoples.

But any tire shop should be able to fill them. Out here where I am they would do it for free. Doubt its the same in CC. Might not hurt to ask though

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    My truck calls for 80psi in the rear. I only bump up to that if I am loading it to the trucks capability. Otherwise I do 60.

Sent from an undisclosed location.
    This. I run 60 in the rear unless I have the camper on or some other heavy load. Rides much nicer.

I’ve never found a gas station that will go to 80. Maybe a truck stop but every rofo and Wawa tops out at 70

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Get the ryobi handheld inflator. Runs to 120 psi and about the size of cordless drill. Have not had to use it on truck tires but did well bringing up wife’s small suv tires. Tool only is $24 at HD.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Any well dressed man should always have a knife in their pocket. And an air compressor/tire plug kit/jumper cables in their vehicle.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    I keep one of these at home.
    Pretty fast.
    120ac or12vdc operation.
    Beats trying to find a station pump

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    I have a Viair knockoff in the box in back of my Jeep. can plug into cig lighter, for a quick hit, OR has large clips to go right to battery (I always use this anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom