• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Anyone happen to know what the difference might be between 9mm fmj 115 gr S&B ammo and 9mm fmj 115 gr Police S&B ammo? The police ammo has green painted primers on them while the regular does not. I went to the range today and I tried using some S&B Police that I found in the back of my ammo drawer in my semi-auto (SA EMP) and got nothing but ftf, fte and strikes but no fire. Out of 9 rounds I was only able to get two to fire. I shot regular S&B through it with no issues and I shot Lawman fmj 115 through it too with no issues either. Is there something peculiar with the Police ammo or does my pistol just not like it? I guess it could also just be a bad lot, but was curious if the "Police" designation had anything to do with it. Unfortunately I did not have another pistol to try it out on. Anyone else ever run into this with S&B?

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I've shot a bunch of the S&B 9mm (I've seen standard ammo with the same sku with intermixed green painted primers and non painted primers, for whatever that's worth) and never had an issue whatsoever. No FTF, FTE, etc. I'd try the ammo in another pistol, but it sounds to me like the ammo got mishandled (really moist over a long period of time maybe)? Were you getting light primer strikes visible on the primer? That's quite a lot of issues for ANY ammo to have in a batch, let alone S&B (good stuff).

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The police version is advertised as hermetically sealed at the case mouth and primer. If you have both versions of ammo handy, compare the shell casing extraction grooves side by side. From a photo I saw, the extraction groove on the police version is smaller, which could cause your feeding issues. The sealed primer might be too hard for your firing pin spring.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    To add to that there were multiple people here buying it from cabelas when it was on sale with free shipping, and I have yet to hear a complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom