• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    To do a private handgun sale in md is not hard at all. You have 2 options. 1) both of you meet at a local msp barracks and they will walk you trough it, their is only the $10 msp fee to do the transfer. Then when the seller gets not disapproved you both go back and finalize the transfer. The other is you two go to a ffl. They do the transfer for you and charge a transfer fee. They will hold the pistol until the buyer comes back not disapproved, the buyer then comes and gets the pistol the seller gets their money when the first part of the paperwork is done, they do not have to come back.

now if you sell to someone out of state. If they are close you can take your pistol to their ffl and do the same as a md ffl. If if is too far then you can ship your pistol to their ffl 9if they take a private shipping) after you get the money, it has to go overnight trough fedex or ups. , the other way and more expensive is have your ffl ship it to their ffl.

they had your pistol for a month and not do anything with it! I would have demanded them to give it back to you. You will get more for the pistol if you sell it your self. Like everyone has said these don’t get much money to start with, then the gun shop will take their consigment fees reduce the amount you get.
    I think this gun can't do private sale right now because it hasn't registered yet, I heard that I can't do that without register.

Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Thing is for another $150 you can have a brand new Mark 4 of some type

I see Mark 1s all the time for $300 and below and they sit and sit

Is your Mark 2 threaded? Bull barrel or standard barrel? Any aftermarket add ones or upgrades?
    Bertfish, do you know of any Mark 1s currently available(and if so, where?)? My father had one and my brother inherited it so I'd consider picking one up for the memories if the price was right.
    Dalebert

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    You will have a lot better chance of getting your asking price if it's listed on Gun Broker. The shop will make sure they get paid before they ship it, that's their job.
    Unless it's some special version, most of the used Mark II guns are a lot less than a new Mark IV because the IV is such a better design.
    you are right , I just worry about this Mark II may be difficult to sell on my price ( I asked $400, but can be sold no below on $350 ), but don't know what is a reasonable price which I should put on there.

rswangz

Jan 14, 2013
    Carroll Co
    There are lots of MKII and MKIII out there and little demand for used ones. If you're trying to sell quickly $250 would be fair, $300 might sell in a month or so. $350-400 is not likely to sell because others can be found for less. Prices you see on gunbroker have not sold yet. Assuming you legally obtained this gun, you can absolutely sell it by transfer at MSP without first "registering" it. Or if for some reason you want to you could voluntarily register it yourself first.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    By any chance, you’re not also trying to sell an enclosed trailer on Facebook Marketplace, are you?

I don't want to try to sell gun on Facebook Marketplace, I also don't know what is an enclosed trailer, but this handgun can't do face to face private sell
    They are teasing you likely because of some posts I have made asking for help with ENCLOSED trailers on Facebook Marketplace.

As one person said, my spidey senses should guide me in proceeding with caution, otherwise known as " tell any sellers who seem sketchy, thanks but no thanks," on a meet with unspecified address of supposed location of said trailer.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I also don't know what is an enclosed trailer,
    This is an enclosed trailer

1677901894210.png

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think this gun can't do private sale right now because it hasn't registered yet, I heard that I can't do that without register.

It doesn’t need to be registered. If you’re the lawful owner, you may sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Also, efeng9622, what do you mean exactly that the MKII is ":not registered" yet
    This is my thought. It is registered somewhere and under someone name. Hopefully he means he had it before moving to maryland and he never told maryland he had it.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Tim
    What is the name of the ffl?

I want to predict that he will not tell us who the FFL is.

I don't want to say their names out right now , because there may be a misunderstanding here, and it will have an impact on their reputation. don't want to do that.
    Thank you, thank you very much!
    For my next prediction; somebody here will (or already has), taken the bait and is PMing him to buy the MK II. And he’ll need to mail the gun (for some reason…)

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    This is my thought. It is registered somewhere and under someone name. Hopefully he means he had it before moving to maryland and he never told maryland he had it.
    I suspect the backstory is in this thread:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Bertfish, do you know of any Mark 1s currently available(and if so, where?)? My father had one and my brother inherited it so I'd consider picking one up for the memories if the price was right.
    Dalebert
    United, in Rockville, has a Ruker MKI with a bull barrel for $350 in their case, also a MKII for $250 and MKIII SS for $379

Post #5280

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Thank you, thank you very much!
    For my next prediction; somebody here will (or already has), taken the bait and is PMing him to buy the MK II. And he’ll need to mail the gun (for some reason…)
    If they sat on your pistol over a month and not done anything with it until you went in and they lie to you saying they can not give it back with out the 4473 and background check, they need to be called out they deserve the bad publicity, they did nothing to help you so why protect them?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Is it me, or has this thread been a bit of a $h!t show?
    The round and round of how the OP's story of the MK II, the FFL Consignment, Price asked vs real Market prices here in 2023, and some oddities in him getting the gun back from the FFL if he deems that the FFL is not doing enough to instill confidence in a good sale. YADDA Yadda Yada,,,,, Pretty much a cluster F, which lends itself to at least some aspects of the thread has been a bit SHiddy.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The round and round of how the OP's story of the MK II, the FFL Consignment, Price asked vs real Market prices here in 2023, and some oddities in him getting the gun back from the FFL if he deems that the FFL is not doing enough to instill confidence in a good sale. YADDA Yadda Yada,,,,, Pretty much a cluster F, which lends itself to at least some aspects of the thread has been a bit SHiddy.
    The weird thing is that the OP has a lot of posts, but in this particular case doesn't seem to know what's what when it comes to selling a pistol. I still don't know what version of Mk II this pistol is, and it's weird that we've never been able to get a straight answer. I still don't even know if it's stainless or blued.

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    It doesn’t need to be registered. If you’re the lawful owner, you may sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weird thing is that the OP has a lot of posts, but in this particular case doesn't seem to know what's what when it comes to selling a pistol. I still don't know what version of Mk II this pistol is, and it's weird that we've never been able to get a straight answer. I still don't even know if it's stainless or blued.
    trickg, thanks, is it a stainless ? the dealer called it " Ruger Mark II .22 target.

Attachments

• Ruger Mark II-1.jpg
      Ruger Mark II-1.jpg
      288 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads