• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BPH102687

I like things and stuff, mostly stuff.
    Apr 11, 2021
    Ellicott City
    Hello. Wondering what the best avenue for selling a used revolver I have would be, and I also have some various parts I'd like to sell. Does GunBroker gouge with their fees? If so, any suggestion of how to sell these locally or anywhere else that wont gouge would be appreciate. Thanks!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Hello. Wondering what the best avenue for selling a used revolver I have would be, and I also have some various parts I'd like to sell. Does GunBroker gouge with their fees? If so, any suggestion of how to sell these locally or anywhere else that wont gouge would be appreciate. Thanks!
    Make 49 more posts (or become a site supporter) and you can post them here in the classifieds.

BPH102687

Apr 11, 2021
    Ellicott City
    Make 49 more posts (or become a site supporter) and you can post them here in the classifieds.

Lol 50 eh? Does that include replies to other people's threads. Or 50 threads of my own?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    They need to be meaningful posts to count. Just saying "I agree.", or "Nice gun." don't count as meaningful and the moderators take a dim view of people artificially boosting their post count just to gain access to the classifieds. In the past some people have had their post counts reduced and in some cases people were banned for trying to circumvent the Forum rules.

Link to the Forum rules:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or use the admitted crappy search feature for the dozens of threads about selling on consignment at the various LGS .

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    For the revolver, unless it’s something nobody wants or something rare and depending on what you mean by easy and gouge:

Consignment at your local FFL that takes no more than 10% is reasonable to me so I don’t have to deal with anything other than dropping it off and agreeing on a price.

Some places even waive the 10% if you put the money towards something else in the shop.

Or do like others said and list it here when you hit 50 posts. But it will be up to you to coordinate with the buyer and meet all the requirements of the law. I’ve never done it so maybe it’s not the hassle I think it is.

Also, depending on the gun parts, list here, eBay, post a sign at your gun club if allowed.

BPH102687

Apr 11, 2021
    Ellicott City
    They need to be meaningful posts to count. Just saying "I agree.", or "Nice gun." don't count as meaningful and the moderators take a dim view of people artificially boosting their post count just to gain access to the classifieds. In the past some people have had their post counts reduced and in some cases people were banned for trying to circumvent the Forum rules.

Link to the Forum rules:
    Appreciate the feedback here. Not in a hurry to get classifieds access, so I'll just comment on what is pertinent to me in here, and get there when I get there. No sense in spamming for the sake of getting to 50. Thanks again!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Appreciate the feedback here. Not in a hurry to get classifieds access, so I'll just comment on what is pertinent to me in here, and get there when I get there. No sense in spamming for the sake of getting to 50. Thanks again!
    Well this post counts as one good one. What are your interests, poke around all the sections and you can probably find some threads on almost any firearm subject you can think of.

If you want a laugh take a look at one of the classic threads which is the start of the 3% antimony running joke on MDS. It starts at post #7 and goes off the rails at post #13 and down hill from there.
    Link to thread
    https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/i-love-my-45-cal-shrooms.93082/

Then you can search for JeffG's epic attempt to escape.

There are others that someone will probably share as their favorites.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I recently purchased a pistol from the classifieds here and while doing so the talk was that MDS is a great place to sell. Good Luck 102687

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom