Sen. Miller: I'll go to Virginia to buy a gun....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sessojb

Dec 29, 2011
    Churchton, MD
    Maybe this means that he will put his force into removing that from the bill on the floor. Before trying to embarrass him, we should try to get to him or his staff to explain that what he is suggesting is a felony. Also, I will try to get the ear of the staff writer, Alex Jackson to see if he realizes the lunacy of Miller's statement.

I think that is a great idea!

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    On card that I haven't seen played is to point out that the proposed laws are so burdensome that they will encourage illegal gun sales. Glad to Sen. Sen. Miller finally use this argument.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    This is a good thing. If he feels this strongly about that part of the bill, he should help us kill it. We need to respectfully educate him as to the implications, if it passes.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    So he understands that criminals will circumvent whatever laws we pass?

Exactly ...

I made that same observation online at BaltimoreSun.com.

Law abiding citizens shouldn't need to be fingerprinted to exercise their 2A right and criminals won't voluntarily submit to fingerprinting. Put them both together and you have Senate President Miller's off-hand comment.

Criminals steal their guns or buy them on the street. So straw buyers, that the law is supposedly trying to curtail, will just go where fingerprinting isn't required.

peafarmer

Dec 23, 2011
    Annapolis
    Just sent this to the staff writer, Alex Jackson. Please let me know if there are other points that need to be emphasized with him, or, especially, if I got anything wrong:

Alex;

I just read your article, and was astounded by Sen. Miller's statement:

“I’ve never been fingerprinted as of yet, I’m 70 years old,” Miller said. “If I personally were to go to buy a gun, I’d go to Virginia before I’d give my fingerprints to any government agency, but that’s just my personal opinion.”

Are you aware that what he is suggesting is a felony? The only legal way to own a firearm in Maryland is to purchase through someone holding a Federal Firearms License.

To purchase in VA, you would have the VA FFL send the firearm to a MD FFL. The MD FFL will process the paperwork and either run the National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) or, for a regulated firearm, send the paperwork to the Maryland State Police for approval. In all cases, positive identification is required.

So, the notion that firearms are being sold to law abiding citizens without a background check is ludicrous.

Does Sen. Miller really believe that he can just go to VA, purchase a firearm, and drive it home?

I think that you should try to determine why there is such a lack of understanding in the existing and proposed legislation with regard to firearms purchases, and do a followup article.

Regards,

Last edited:

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    To purchase in VA, you would have the VA FFL send the firearm to a MD FFL. The MD FFL will process the paperwork and either run the National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) or, for a regulated firearm, send the paperwork to the Maryland State Police for approval. In all cases, positive identification is required.

So, the notion that firearms are being sold to law abiding citizens without a background check is ludicrous.

Does Sen. Miller really believe that he can just go to VA, purchase a firearm, and drive it home?

Your right. He should go into Washington DC if he wants to buy illegal firearms.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    This is a perfect opportunity to educate Miller and use him to help make our argument. Is there any way that someone from our side who is well versed might be able to get Miller to agree to a sit down meeting?

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    yea he and his daughter are both lawyers at his law firm Mike Miller Attorney at Law one in Dunkirk Calvert County and one in PG County. I said before I think he is on our side. North Beach VFD has a Sportsman Bash twice a year and I have seen him there, he is the Senate Pres. and we need him on our, side so don't smear him to bad. He lives only @ 2 miles from me

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Boy is he in for a big surprise. Just goes to show they have no clue what they are talking about or voting on.

“I’ve never been fingerprinted as of yet, I’m 70 years old,” Miller said. “If I personally were to go to buy a gun, I’d go to Virginia before I’d give my fingerprints to any government agency, but that’s just my personal opinion.”

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...cle_42bdc6fc-48f1-58a0-b801-a1b642c03b82.html

Is it possible he has a residence in VA??

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    That makes 2 dems this week who recommended that you go violate the law if you want to own/use a firearm.

Slow Joe Bidden: go fire you shotgun off your balcony randomly
    Miller: go buy your guns out of state and violate federal law.

No F'ing wonder the laws are so bizarre these a*holes don't believe the laws apply to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom