• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nachtjager

Feb 18, 2010
    Dundalk
    I'm getting ready to send my C&R app. in, Can anyone tell me who would be the CLEO in eastern Balto Co. ( Dundalk ). Also any tips on making the app.process go smoothly would be greatly appreciated. :D

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Make sure you SKIP the part meant for resident aliens. A lot of people fill out this section, then have to re-submit a corrected application to clear up the mistake.

(Assuming you're a U.S. citizen, of course.)

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    How long does it take to get the app when you submit the request on the website? It's been over a week and I haven't gotten my app yet... (sorry to briefly hijack)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    How long does it take to get the app when you submit the request on the website? It's been over a week and I haven't gotten my app yet... (sorry to briefly hijack)
    Sometime3s it can take longer than it does to get the license.

I have a few extra applications, I can send you one if you like.

Bonanza

Dec 15, 2008
    Peoples Republik of Maryland
    Not trying to hijack this thread but I didnt want to start a new one for a couple simple questions, sorry.:o

Self explanatory until section 14;
    Name of Chief Law Enforcement Officer:
    Would that be the St. Marys County Sheriff?
    Does he need to sign it or do I put his name there?

Does copy 1-ATF copy, go to ATF and copy 2, CLEO copy go to Leonardtown or does the whole thing go to the ATF?

Thanks

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Not trying to hijack this thread but I didnt want to start a new one for a couple simple questions, sorry.:o

Self explanatory until section 14;
    Name of Chief Law Enforcement Officer:
    Would that be the St. Marys County Sheriff?
    Does he need to sign it or do I put his name there?

Does copy 1-ATF copy, go to ATF and copy 2, CLEO copy go to Leonardtown or does the whole thing go to the ATF?

Thanks
    There are a few possibilities for the CLEO. Some put the MD State Police (for my original this is what I did), some put their most direct police department (the ones who come when you call 911 generally, and this is what I did for my renewal) and some put their county sherrif regardless. No one has gotten in trouble for using any of the choices as far as I have ever heard. As long as you do not use a police agency which does not have jurisdiction in your area and you use one which does, you are ok IMHO.

Only copy 1 goes to the ATF. Copy 2 goes to the CLEO. You put the name there, he or she does not sign there.

Wayne71

Mar 14, 2010
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but not new to C&R. Yes, I have a question. I let my C&R run out about a year or two ago, and I just requested another app. from MSP. Do you think my C&R will come back a bit faster becouse I'm already in the system?

Thanks,
    Wayne71

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but not new to C&R. Yes, I have a question. I let my C&R run out about a year or two ago, and I just requested another app. from MSP. Do you think my C&R will come back a bit faster becouse I'm already in the system?

Thanks,
    Wayne71
    Good question, but I assume it is like the renewals and address change requests and IIRC they took about the same time frame, but for the life of me I cannot remember just how long my renewal tookl.

00-Guy

Feb 15, 2008
    Don't confuse Maryland Collector status with a BATFE Curios and Relics Type 3 FFL. The MSP are not involved with a C&R.

FYI. I let my C&R expire since we had planned to move. So we then decided to stay and I reapplied. The app went out 5 Feb back 13 March. 5 weeks. Not bad. So the answer is yes in my case.

Hey guys,

Thanks,
    Wayne71

Wayne71

Mar 14, 2010
    Ok, thanks.

I have another question. At one time a year or two ago I was a dues paying member and instructor through the N.R.A. I have sent an e-mail requesting reinstatement of my instructor status (with a renewal membership). Does anyone here think that the N.R.A. will reinstate me as an instructor with a membership renewal?

Thanks guys,
    Wayne71

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Sometime3s it can take longer than it does to get the license.

I have a few extra applications, I can send you one if you like.

Thanks for the offer, mine actually showed up this weekend! :thumbsup:
    I've gotten through most of it, just have to figure out my cleo. I'm in pikesville, and live almost across the street from balt. county precint 4, so I'm guessing maybe whoever is in charge there should get it.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I requested an application last week and it came on Sunday. It was a most a week from my web request to having the green application papers in hand.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I requested the application and it arrived in my mail within at most a week and a half (I can't say for sure because it arrived in my mailbox while I was away from home for four days). I just filled it out and mailed it in. Here's hoping I get that C&R soon!

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I just checked my credit card report, and the ATF charged the $30 on the 20th. They are not wasting any time with this. I hope to get my C&R soon!

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I just checked my credit card report, and the ATF charged the $30 on the 20th. They are not wasting any time with this. I hope to get my C&R soon!

Excellent. They charged my card the $30 on the 19th. It will be interesting to see if we get them at basically the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom