• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    So I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with sending weapons accessories to troops. I have a good friend deployed to Afghanistan right now and would love to send him a care package with some PMAGS, BAD Lever, Stocks, cleaning supplies, etc...

What are the limits to what I can send? I know the unit commander has to approve it for use, but can anyone shed some light on this for me? Are these items pretty widely accepted?

Thanks!

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    There are a lot of firearm components that have export restrictions on them. That means that sending them overseas in any fashion is going to be highly problematic.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    That stuff should be fine. He should be just fine getting it home because it'll be with his gear and attached to his weapon. I know a bunch of guys that got stuff like that while deployed. Just a thought though on the stock, he will have to keep the original and this will create additional baggage for him to lug around. The mags and other attachments are not only fine, but that is common.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Try to stick to stuff that is compact and doesn't take up a lot of space in bags. He probably has more than enough mag pouches and the components go on his weapon so that won't really count against bag space or make him less mobile.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I always usually send bore snakes. But these go to guys using them. depends on their unit.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I send stuff to their APO as a care package from home.

If you send stuff to them any other way (AFAIK), it can and most likely will be intercepted by some unscrupulous individial and not reach it's intended recipient.

Last edited:

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Firearms components, stocks and magazines are controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and require a license to be exported outside the United States. Even to U.S. forces.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Firearms components, stocks and magazines are controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and require a license to be exported outside the United States. Even to U.S. forces.

He can bake the BAD lever into a cake. :D

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    My older brother was a Colonel in the AZ Nat Guard, when he was in Afghanistan all he wanted us to send was as much sunscreen as possible, hand sanitizer, and Tastycakes for his boyz...

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    If the address you're mailing the stuff to is a US-based address (APO/FPO) aren't you technically sending something to a stateside address, and therefore not exporting anything? It's Uncle Sam that'd be exporting anything in your package. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom