"Sensitive" places restrictions on wear and carry currently that should not be.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I am not sure this is true. I seem to remember a suit that made Federal parks allow for concealed carry on their property, which is what I THINK lead MD political clowns to make our state parks Gun Free Zones.
    It was a rider on a bill called The Credit Card Act of 2009. It is way down at the bottom called "sec. 512". IIRC It was some politician's pet project when he had a problem with being banned from carry on National Park land in southern Texas (Think it was Big Bend NP) where there was a bunch of drug smuggling going on. Understandable. It makes the National Park unit adopt the state laws that it is located in with firearms carry. Some parks like Delaware water Gap have two sets of laws depending on if you are in the PA or NJ part of the park so it is not perfect legislation.

I have no idea about the legislative history of the MD state park ban.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It was a rider on a bill called The Credit Card Act of 2009. It is way down at the bottom called "sec. 512". IIRC It was some politician's pet project when he had a problem with being banned from carry on National Park land in southern Texas (Think it was Big Bend NP) where there was a bunch of drug smuggling going on. Understandable. It makes the National Park unit adopt the state laws that it is located in with firearms carry. Some parks like Delaware water Gap have two sets of laws depending on if you are in the PA or NJ part of the park so it is not perfect legislation.

Agreed. Then again in DE water gap, it is easy enough to just not cross the river. I mean, why WOULD you want to go to the NJ side?

Or said another way, why did the chicken cross the river? To get AWAY from New Jersey.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Agreed. Then again in DE water gap, it is easy enough to just not cross the river. I mean, why WOULD you want to go to the NJ side?

R.jpg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

The DNR prohibitions on state parks, forests, and Chesapeake forest lands are through COMAR and not in separately specified in MD law.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I posted this in the G&S thread, but here’s fresh word on the Montgomery County Council planning to introduce legislation to ban carry within 100 yards of places of public assembly inclusive of permit-holders: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MDMONTGOMERY/bulletins/31fb74a

Does that mean any store, sidewalk, or public place whatever? Like the entire island of Manhatten, or all of Monkey County?

I guess it does.

Can we sue this Clown personally?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Does that mean any store, sidewalk, or public place whatever? Like the entire island of Manhatten, or all of Monkey County?

I guess it does.

Can we sue this Clown personally?
    At some point it becomes an abuse of office to abridge a clearly stated civil right because you have a mangina.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    My dad(wearin' a sh!t eatin' grin) pointed out the "Firearms Strictly Forbidden" sign in the elevator of a local hospital recently... :innocent0
    Concealed is concealed... as someone else said. Just sayin...
    Forbidden in the elevator? I’d take the stairs. Who am I kidding, I’m an elevator guy thru and thru.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    Will these restrictions also apply to off duty police and elites with paid security?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    At some point it becomes an abuse of office to abridge a clearly stated civil right because you have a mangina.

Cool! I could use some extra money! For some reason lately I seem to have a rapidly-lengthening shopping list of guns, holsters, and accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom