• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNCLE WAWA

May 16, 2005
    FREDNECK,MD
    Well the're off !! into the mail went my application for a Florida and a Virgina CCW permit. Anyone know long the wait is ? :shrug:

Also which is closer va. or fl.:lol:

UNCLE WAWA

UNCLE WAWA

May 16, 2005
    FREDNECK,MD
    what is needed for a out of state CCW in Florida/Virginia?

You will need:
    fingerprint cards 1 set for each app.:thumbsup:
    proof of training. I sent my md training cert that quilifed me to purchase a handgun dated from 2005.:gun2:
    photos 2 ea color passport photos:D :toothless
    the signed and notorized application:innocent6:
    cashiers check or money order 100.00 for VA. 117.00 for FL.:patriot:

ackackadak

Oct 8, 2016
    I believe FL will accept a personal check now. Also, I'm under the impression the training certification is more along the lines of an NRA pistol course and/or the like. If you are referring to the video one needs to watch to purchase a gun in MD this doesn't seem quite the same... my FL paperwork went in on the first of the month.

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    I believe FL will accept a personal check now. Also, I'm under the impression the training certification is more along the lines of an NRA pistol course and/or the like. If you are referring to the video one needs to watch to purchase a gun in MD this doesn't seem quite the same... my FL paperwork went in on the first of the month.

If you are ex military a copy of your DD214 will be accepted as training for FL CCW.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Where can you get certified? Is there a place you can go take a class or does the video they showed me and my handgun card work?

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    Well the're off !! into the mail went my application for a Florida and a Virgina CCW permit. Anyone know long the wait is ? :shrug:

Also which is closer va. or fl.:lol:

UNCLE WAWA

Virginia was really quick. I got a receipt for my money order in three days and had my permit within 2 weeks.

Florida took about 45 days

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    Where can you get certified? Is there a place you can go take a class or does the video they showed me and my handgun card work?

No, that won't work. It has to be an approved NRA training course or as stated earlier military training will suffice.

I took the NRA basic pistol from Lady Shooter (ladyshooter@comcast.net) for about 80 bucks.

You only have to take one classs and both states (FL & VA) will accept that

thebrotha167

Dec 27, 2007
    Wyomissing, PA
    Virginia was really quick. I got a receipt for my money order in three days and had my permit within 2 weeks.

Florida took about 45 days

My Florida took 46 days. My Virginia, which was received on the 1st of April is at 18 days. I guess there is a mad rush to get permits now and they are really busy. My feeling is that people want to get their permits now while they are still relatively easy to acquire. Because if the dems win the white house in november, we are in for a world of hurt when it comes to our firearms.....and other aspects of our life too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom