• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    I posted this on another thread, but in case it gets lost:
    At the FFL training, Special Agent Mike Froncyzk (sp?) from the BATF explained in detail that 7th day transfers were legal per federal law and told us exactly how to fill out a 4473 without a NICS number. Some of the FFLs were actually arguing and telling him he was wrong. I am surprised this hasn't been publicized yet. He repeated himself over and over in front of 100 people, and some of the dealers still didn't believe him.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    At the FFL training, Special Agent Mike Froncyzk (sp?) from the BATF explained in detail that 7th day transfers were legal per federal law and told us exactly how to fill out a 4473 without a NICS number. Some of the FFLs were actually arguing and telling him he was wrong. I am surprised this hasn't been publicized yet. He repeated himself over and over in front of 100 people, and some of the dealers still didn't believe him.

10's shocked. Is this really so hard to believe? There has to be a reason why we have a bunch of dealers that are not releasing until they receive the ND and corresponding NICS. The reason isn't that the BATF is wrong, but that these dealers just do not understand the law and no matter how many people tell them otherwise they cannot wrap their heads around it.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Was one of the FFLs Continental?

BuRNMIA

May 28, 2013
    Continental is still not releasing even after a meeting with ATF yesterday. Continental told me that if I want my already purchased pistol released without MSP approval that I would have to transfer it to a dealer that was doing on time releases.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    When I picked up my 116 day wait at MSAR last night I casually asked them why thy have not come up with a somewhat on time release and the sales guy said we have a very good reason and he dug out a copy of the Sunpaper article that was about the 30 dreaded firearms the MSP had to raid the felons that got their guns because they were released without the State check...... I can't see myself even buying a pack of gum from them in the future let alone another firearm and to think these people are allowed to sell guns :sad20:

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Its sad a nearly twenty year relationship with my lgs has been soured over this crap,using different ffl for regulated now,just feel like a new kid in school starting over,but coming home with a gun in a week is a weird feeling now too.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Its sad a nearly twenty year relationship with my lgs has been soured over this crap,using different ffl for regulated now,just feel like a new kid in school starting over,but coming home with a gun in a week is a weird feeling now too.

Amen to that. I met some outstanding customer service that I would never have met if it weren't for the crap going on.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    10's shocked. Is this really so hard to believe? There has to be a reason why we have a bunch of dealers that are not releasing until they receive the ND and corresponding NICS. The reason isn't that the BATF is wrong, but that these dealers just do not understand the law and no matter how many people tell them otherwise they cannot wrap their heads around it.

BGDS

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Was one of the FFLs Continental?

If not them, then probably MD Small arms. They saw a SCAR17S as regulated and have signs posted everywhere "No release without MSP paperwork back". Wonder if they are telling current customers to plan on getting an HQL for what they refuse to release.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I'll say this.

At this point, dealers not releasing should be boycotted. The MSP have cleared it, the BATF has cleared it, WHAT MORE THAN THEY WANT? We removed the 50 shades of grey, it's BLACK AND WHITE now. On time release is OK, they even freaking showed the dealers how to do it. WHAT MORE COULD THEY WANT?

I know some people will get upset with me saying this, but think about it. We boycott places that don't support our rights, what's the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom