• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    So, I'm sorta/kinda in the market for a traditional looking Sghian Dubh with a decent (i.e. not stainless) blade. I've been googling and searching and it seems that the two choices are stainless blades which are cheap or ultra high end and super expensive... The one ~$50 option with decent steel for a blade (from Amazon, no less) had great reviews but they said it would be too heavy for putting in one's sock.

Ideally, I'd like to spend around $50 (but willing to consider up to $100) and I'd like it to at least have a passing resemblance to a traditional Sghian Dubh. The good news is, I have until around May before I "need" it.

I found a decently priced dirk that I like, but I'd take suggestions on that, too...

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    If you're looking to outfit your regalia properly then you need to spend the proper money for a proper dirk and sghian dubhe.

I'm not looking to go nuts. I haven't the budget for it. Someday, perhaps. right now, i'll settle for a passable dirk, sghian dubh and great kilt :)

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I saw the loch ness origins site. Last night, after posting, I remembered that a favorite old uncle of mine might be willing to put a one of a kind, hand made hilt on one of the damascus blades for me. if not, the Kult of Athena site rocks... thanks so much.

as for a $400 dirk... while I'd love one, i don't think I can afford one of that quality yet. Maybe I'll put it on the 20th anniversary gift list :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom