• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    What should he do? There is nothing here to do. A white-trash couple from the Dena doing what they do. This time someone, (I still haven't seen anyone identify who made the call) called the police.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I thought it did not matter if the wife recanted. So this is special treatment of the law. So the ladder of the law has a top and a bottom. ( what am I thinking Hilary)

In Maryland the spouse gets one pass to invoke marital privilege. In future cases they cannot use it. Unless that has changed in the past few years.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I don't know his new wife and haven't talked to Ron in many years. But when I worked for him on the police department before he retired he was damn good to me as a boss. TIA.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    What a crock of shit, he wanted them back to go hunting. I salute AA County Police Chief Altomare for refusing to release them!
    Wonder why we didn't read about the number of rounds and type of firearms. You are or I would have been wall to wall news.

Sheriff Ron Bateman sought return of guns days after arrest

Anne Arundel County police confiscated a number of guns from Sheriff Ron Bateman's home after his April 10 arrest in a domestic dispute with his wife.

The weapons were confiscated from the Batemans' Pasadena home as part of routine police protocol.

Three days later, the sheriff asked for some of them back.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ph-ac-cn-bateman-text-0427-20160427-story.html

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    What a crock of shit, he wanted them back to go hunting. I salute AA County Police Chief Altomare for refusing to release them!
    Wonder why we didn't read about the number of rounds and type of firearms. You are or I would have been wall to wall news.

Sheriff Ron Bateman sought return of guns days after arrest

Anne Arundel County police confiscated a number of guns from Sheriff Ron Bateman's home after his April 10 arrest in a domestic dispute with his wife.

The weapons were confiscated from the Batemans' Pasadena home as part of routine police protocol.

Three days later, the sheriff asked for some of them back.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ph-ac-cn-bateman-text-0427-20160427-story.html

This guy just seems way to full of himself.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    "Bateman's attorney, Peter O'Neill, said Bateman may have asked for the return of his guns, but is not seeking the return of the weapons until the case is resolved." sounds like something an attorney would say...

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    This guy just seems way to full of himself.

I don't know him, but he's certainly coming across as an entitled ass.

"Bateman's attorney, Peter O'Neill, said Bateman may have asked for the return of his guns, but is not seeking the return of the weapons until the case is resolved." sounds like something an attorney would say...

Yup.

The actual text of the text message he sent directly to AA County Police Chief Altomare:

Heh brother question for ya, Elise called me yesterday and said she wanted me back home so I did. I'm back at home with her sleeping in the same bed and every other normal thing. She is even going in to work with me today. So obviously there hasn't been and will not be any protective orders on me prohibiting me from possessing firearms. So I need my shotguns released so my son and I can turkey hunt. I'm leaving for the mnts Sunday for a week. Please let me know what time today I can get them. Sorry for all this.

And then a second separate text:

I can hold off on this for a little bit but timing is probably wrong of me to get them back in the public eye.

Right.So he was asking for them "later." Which is why he said "Please let me know what time today I can get them" since he's going hunting this weekend.

What an ass.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

Yup.

The actual text of the text message he sent directly to AA County Police Chief Altomare:

Right.So he was asking for them "later." Which is why he said "Please let me know what time today I can get them" since he's going hunting this weekend.

What an ass.

Even worst.

I can almost 100% guarantee that he's under order from the courts to have "no contact" with the alleged victim. It's in EVERY domestic case I've seen regardless if a protective order is obtained and is a condition of his bail release.

So....he admits to violating a condition of release from the courts and asks for his guns back when he should know no one gets them back with a pending disqualifying legal case.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014

Yup.

What an ass.

that's right....
    special treatment for THEM..
    THEY get to text directly with the head honcho....

but you and I????

We'd be forced to go to court to compel the release, and forced to wait months, and pay mega court costs....

I hate this shit.

why can't they play under the rules they set for us.

ON THE OTHER HAND....isn't there an Ailinsky rule about this...
    "force them to live by their own rules?"

HOW to do that.....?

Maybe some letters to the Crapitol?
    from all of us?

-m

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    What should he do? There is nothing here to do. A white-trash couple from the Dena doing what they do. This time someone, (I still haven't seen anyone identify who made the call) called the police.

It might well have been a neighbor who didn't like them calling about the screams and thumping noises. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom