• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    I called Glock and discover my Glock 19 Serial NUXXX has a recall on it. Probably been under recall for years...:o

The guy at Glock said they would replace every part that needs it and update the internals. They'd even replace mag followers and springs if needed.

That's service...18 years later. :D

Now, how do you recommend I send it to them? UPS, FEDEX?? :sad20:

When i sent my Ruger LCP in for work UPS did the shipping and return shipping as well.

Last edited:

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Anything but USPS. It is illegal to send a gun snail mail through USPS from my understanding.

I send mine in UPS with NO markings on it. I do take insurance out on the package though. If forced to declare something about the package, say it is "machine parts" since it is a malfuntcioning firearm.

DO NOT say anything about it being a gun or it will be stolen. Ground should be fine from my understanding through a non-USPS carrier.

I am not a lwayer and others should weigh in here.

Splitter

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    most firearms are shipped UPS next day air insured
    by the way firearms can be sent USPS if it is registered mail and you are a commissioned officer in the us military. I got to check out a generals new pistol and accessories ( belt and buckle with star on it. It came to him registered mail.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Anything but USPS. It is illegal to send a gun snail mail through USPS from my understanding.

It is legal if you are a FFL. Not Kosher for private citizens. However it is an option if you have a friendly FFL willing to log the gun in and then send it away.

I seem to remember there is a USPS form that needs to be filled out and submitted.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I called Glock and discover my Glock 19 Serial NUXXX has a recall on it. Probably been under recall for years...:o

The guy at Glock said they would replace every part that needs it and update the internals. They'd even replace mag followers and springs if needed.

When i sent my Ruger LCP in for work UPS did the shipping and return shipping as well.

Can you give me info on the recall. I have a G19 I bought in 1991, make sure its not one of them THANKS!

Goz

Ship it via FEDEX overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom