• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minehog

Jan 31, 2016
    Middletown, MD
    Hey guys I'm a new C&R and looking to bring in a CZ 82 into MD from an out of state seller on the internet. Any issue with him shipping the CZ 82 to me at my home in MD? It's on the C&R list. Anything special I need to do other than send him my signed C&R? Also, what about the 12 round magazine? Any issue there, or am I limited? Sorry if this is a repeat from earlier questions, I'm new to the forum as well. Thanks.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Pretty soon the Maryland GA will try to close the C&R internet handgun straight to your front door loophole. :rolleyes:

Edited to show this was a sarcastic comment.

Please see the sarcasm bubble head face thingy.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Gun: Yes. As long as the CZ82 is actually C&R eligible.

Mag: No.

Pretty soon the Maryland GA will try to stop the C&R internet and handgun straight to your front door loophole.

What he said. Good to go on the CZ82 since you have a C&R. The mag is a no go as it is over 10. Of course you'll have to get over the guilt instilled by the state of Maryland for having exercised your 2nd amendment rights despite their best efforts to date.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Pretty soon the Maryland GA will try to close the C&R internet handgun straight to your front door loophole.
    Do not use those words
    It is no loophole.
    C&R holder is a federal Firearms License valid for interstate firearm transfers.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Do not use those words
    It is no loophole.
    C&R holder is a federal Firearms License valid for interstate firearm transfers.

In the leftist Utopia, anything that allows a law-abiding, tax-paying American access to a firearm is a loophole that needs to be closed.
    In my world, anyone in this country that self-identifies with a hyphen and/or seeks to infringe on the constitutional rights of law-abiding, tax-paying Americans is neither an American nor qualified to hold public office, respectively.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Do not use those words
    It is no loophole.

It's called sarcasm. I'll go back and edit the post.

And I know what a C&R license is.

And I know what a C&R license is for.

I have one.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    A Federal Firearms License is not a "loophole."

We don't need to be using that word. We don't know what evil-minded people are using it in Keyword searches, looking for ideas...

Last edited:

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Hey guys I'm a new C&R and looking to bring in a CZ 82 into MD from an out of state seller on the internet. Any issue with him shipping the CZ 82 to me at my home in MD? It's on the C&R list. Anything special I need to do other than send him my signed C&R? Also, what about the 12 round magazine? Any issue there, or am I limited? Sorry if this is a repeat from earlier questions, I'm new to the forum as well. Thanks.

So long as he is willing to honor your C&R there is not issue. Be sure to ask before bidding as for some reason some sellers won't honor C&R (either in MD or elsewhere).

Also be sure to ask how he wants your C&R. Some only want paper, some only fax, some take them over email.

Then he can't send you 12 round magazines. You can buy 10 rounds from midwayusa but for 12 rounders you need to get them out of state.

Lastly. Does the seller have 2 CZ82s. I am looking as well.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013

With respect, haven't you been listening?!
    Yes, it is a fact. But, today, facts carry as much weight as the Bill of Rights. All that matters now is what the media, popular politicians and political fashion (i.e., the minority group with the loudest voice or media focus) says matters.

And I'd recommend you (and everyone else) watch the recent 2.5 hour-long congressional hearings on PAA's Executive Order re guns (in toto), wherein C&R FFLs were specifically cited by more than one Democrat member as a "loophole" that needs to be closed.
    People should really (force themselves to) spend more time watching C-Span. The stuff the political class gets away with is shockingly criminal. Really!

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    ct6ozc1.jpg

Jul 1, 2012
    It's called sarcasm. I'll go back and edit the post.

And I know what a C&R license is.

And I know what a C&R license is for.

I have one.

Yes, it is a fact. But, today, facts carry as much weight as the Bill of Rights. All that matters now is what the media, popular politicians and political fashion (i.e., the minority group with the loudest voice or media focus) says matters.

And I'd recommend you (and everyone else) watch the recent 2.5 hour-long congressional hearings on PAA's Executive Order re guns (in toto), wherein C&R FFLs were specifically cited by more than one Democrat member as a "loophole" that needs to be closed.
    People should really (force themselves to) spend more time watching C-Span. The stuff the political class gets away with is shockingly criminal. Really!

Understood, and a genuine fear to watch.

But I think the point we're trying to make is don't REINFORCE that word in relation to FFL-03. If even "us" on the gun web site call it that .... even in jest ....well, you get the idea.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

I'm surprised you would say that, because I know YOU get it.

We have to stop using their loaded rhetoric against ourselves. We shouldn't use that word at all, ever.

How about "assault rifle"? "Gun show loophole"? "Cop killer bullets"? "High capacity magazines/clips"?

The Second Amendment is a "loophole". The whole Constitution is a "loophole" they very much want to eliminate.

You know all this better than most. Has someone hacked your account?

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I'm surprised you would say that, because I know YOU get it.

A coupla things....

We have to stop using their loaded rhetoric against ourselves. We shouldn't use that word at all, ever.

Their rhetoric, yes. But not correct terms, especially those defined by the Federal government. Although most lawmakers know nothing about firearms, they do know a bit about federal bureaucracies and the terms they use to regulate us.

How about "assault rifle"? "Gun show loophole"? "Cop killer bullets"? "High capacity magazines/clips"?

The correct terms are "America's favourite sporting rifle" (for "assault rifle/weapon"), "sale of private property by private individuals" (for "gun show loophole") and "standard capacity OEM magazines" (for....well, I think you get the idea...). I think the best way to do battle with two year-old nit-wits is to beat 'em at their own (focus-group-tested) games.
    Parenthetically, one of the noteworthy tidbits that was brought out in that congressional testimony I referenced previously was the fact that then VA Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli's office made an official inspection of the Chantilly Gun Show last year to try to locate anyone selling firearms without the appropriate FFL licenses. Of the hundreds of tables of sellers they only found six that weren't FFLs. Of those, all were C&R collectors. So, 0% gun show loopholes at the Nations's Gun Show. (Again, I'd encourage everyone to watch the often disgusting machinations of government via C-Span.)

The Second Amendment is a "loophole". The whole Constitution is a "loophole" they very much want to eliminate.
    You know all this better than most. Has someone hacked your account?

No, my account hasn't been hacked. But to suggest that C&R FFLs are somehow hidden from the loons is just plain wrong. They're both acutely aware of their existence and working actively to prohibit them (along with the rest of the Second Amendment). And with virtually everything you post here getting indexed by google (among others) the second you click the Submit Reply button, I think it's....well, optimistically unrealistic to expect anything posted here to remain hidden. And if we didn't discuss these things, how else would Big Brother find out how much we neurose over the laws they burden us with....not for the purpose of evading, but to remain within them. Otherwise, they'd have no idea how law-abiding we are and how wrong they are. Even if that doesn't matter to them, it should to us.

Last edited:

Minehog

Jan 31, 2016
    Middletown, MD
    Thanks for the C&R Help

Hey guys, I didn't realize this would spark such a debate, especially among the already converted. Special thanks for the C&R advice. I'll work out the 12 round no-go. DTMeyers: I'll ask about the second CZ82. The seller is a C&R and seems to be selling off some of his collection. Thanks again guys.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    You could have him send the mags to the UPS Store in Hanover or Shrewsbury, Penn. They charge $5 to receive a package. Call and tell them it's coming, and they will notify you when it arrives.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    You could have him send the mags to the UPS Store in Hanover or Shrewsbury, Penn. They charge $5 to receive a package. Call and tell them it's coming, and they will notify you when it arrives.

Wow that's a nice idea.

I was going to suggest having him ship them to a friend out of state. Then pick them up when you visit.

> 10 round magazines are not illegal to own just illegal to purchase in the state.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

We don't need to be using that word. We don't know what evil-minded people are using it in Keyword searches, looking for ideas...

^^THIS. We all realize it's a FFL, but we only add ammo to the anti's arsenal (and those easily influenced) if we keep using the word inappropriately.

makijo

May 31, 2013
    Catonsville
    Being that we are FFL 03's (Federal Firearm Licensee's) wouldn't that have the same exemption as an FFL 01?? they can receive greater that 10 round mags, they just can sell them to us serf's, but can sell them to others out of state. Are C&R weapons not exempt??? Just brainstorming here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom