• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    if memory serves, the blade was more or less the tipping point of ATF saying you can no longer shoulder your pistol brace.

i dont know anyone that has one but it looks like it sells for half the price of a sig brace. could be worth checking out!

Last edited:

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    my work computer blocks shockwaves website for some reason, but google showed me this...

shockwave-glock-brace.png

not gonna lie, i kind of want to try one out

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Their site even includes warning not to shoulder and it is ok to use as a cheek weld. Recommends keeping some distance between product and shoulder.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I think I'm gonna get one. Already have the Sig Brace on a Sig 556 Swat version. I need to look at some more videos on how to use it the best and most efficiently but I have had it to the range. To aim correctly you almost have to be in the blade position with Sig arm crossing over your chest being supported by weak hand. I didn't much care for it...felt like a super hero with a crazy contraption on. I didn't like the fact that the sig brace slipped over top of my arm. I think this blade design will work better and is much cheaper

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Big question is why? I can see the Sig brace for a pistolized rifle round but there is no benefit I can see for a brace for a pistol (unless you are handicapped) shooting any normal pistol ammo, even 10mm. I can see you asking a perp to not assault you till you get your brace on. Not going to shoot as fast or as well as a two-handed hold. It puts your body all out of correct position except for bullseye shooting. Sort of like shooting a pistol using a half-a** rifle hold.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Big question is why? I can see the Sig brace for a pistolized rifle round but there is no benefit I can see for a brace for a pistol (unless you are handicapped) shooting any normal pistol ammo, even 10mm. I can see you asking a perp to not assault you till you get your brace on. Not going to shoot as fast or as well as a two-handed hold. It puts your body all out of correct position except for bullseye shooting. Sort of like shooting a pistol using a half-a** rifle hold.

But the BATFE says holding a pistol with two hands makes it a rifle :innocent0

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish

I think most folks would use the blade on an ar pistol. I'd like to put it on my glock strictly as a range toy. After more google searches, I found this...

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I got a Gill arm lock device for my Glock. Have not shot the Glock enough though. I noticed less recoil to the wrist.

edit: The gill arm lock does not strap to the forearm. It has a hard plastic inverted U which rests on the upper forearm so that the recoil does NOT go to the wrist: the hand and forearm move as one as the recoil is transferred by the arm lock to the forearm. You are allowed free movement left or right but the up/down motion along the wrist joint is what it controls.
    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jwhite407

Always Packing
    Jan 31, 2013
    Lower Eastern Shore
    Next pay check I plan on ordering one. The pics above don't do it justice. There is only a tubular opening that goes over the buffer tube (no horseshoe plastic like the ones above). The fin is similar to the bottom left one in the pics above with the Glock. The fin goes to the inside of the forearm to provide stabilization. The nice thing is that it doesn't have to be strapped to you.

Attachments

• shockwave.jpg
      shockwave.jpg
      6.2 KB · Views: 263

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Curious, didn't the Sig brace require the use of both velcro straps to conform to ATF 's letter? I could be completely wrong, "We don't need no (more)stinking letters". The letter to shockblade states "if the user" wants a strap they can use one, good wording.
    Either way if you like the idea this one does look better than the rest.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Using one with a velcro strap would make it cumbersome as you need to unstrap each time you reload. For a Glock the gill arm lock can be used by either hand. And no velcro straps for it to do its job. I think Hickok 45 had a video of his daughter and wife using it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom