• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    I love Wheaton and before everyone starts pounding on how unsafe it is, the place is fine. But there is no way Id use the "pee" bridge over Viers Mill and park in that garage.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yes, they haven't had any MS13 members chasing people through the adjacent shopping mall with machetes in quite some time!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The victim has been identified as Eric Alexander Melgar, age 20, of the 3000 block of Whispering Pines Drive in Silver Spring.

Use to live a 5 minute walk away. Notorious open air drug market apartment complex, "Pepper Tree" . Delivered many pizzas there, and when the door opens you saw a Stereo system (no furniture) and half dressed kids running around, in many of the apartments. There was a huge drug bust right up the road from that location recently, more than likely ties to Pepper Tree as well. It's called the "Bel Pre Syndicate" for the main road they are both on.

Brent Deon Sanderson, age 18, of the 4600 block of West Frankfort Drive in Rockville was also charged with first-degree murder.

If Brent ever haunted the halls of school, they were the same ones I went to. Place I grew up in has went to hell

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Use to live a 5 minute walk away. Notorious open air drug market apartment complex, "Pepper Tree" . Delivered many pizzas there, and when the door opens you saw a Stereo system (no furniture) and half dressed kids running around, in many of the apartments. There was a huge drug bust right up the road from that location recently, more than likely ties to Pepper Tree as well. It's called the "Bel Pre Syndicate" for the main road they are both on.

If Brent ever haunted the halls of school, they were the same ones I went to. Place I grew up in has went to hell

No offense Bro but you have no idea what your talking about! Notorious open air drug market? It's a decent little townhouse/apartment community right next to the fire station. If that area is super ghetto you're gonna need a 400 acre farm in Potomac to even remotely feel safe! It's no Bethesda but hardly how you describe it.

I used to hook up with a girl that lived there and spent many late nights smoking cigarettes out front, arriving at late hours, and drinking and NEVER had an issue.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    No offense Bro but you have no idea what your talking about! Notorious open air drug market? It's a decent little townhouse/apartment community right next to the fire station. If that area is super ghetto you're gonna need a 400 acre farm in Potomac to even remotely feel safe! It's no Bethesda but hardly how you describe it.

I used to hook up with a girl that lived there and spent many late nights smoking cigarettes out front, arriving at late hours, and drinking and NEVER had an issue.

Well they are pretty adept at steering clear of "Five O", sorry I was just a pizza delivery guy. So entering school though metal detectors is de rigueur in the rest of the county I'm guessing? Don't need 400acres, you can do well on 1/2 an acre, surrounded by 400 acres occupied by others who can afford Potomac. Pizza delivery guys got robbed in Pepper Tree and the Hewitt Avenue places frequently. This was before the internet and 500 tv channels.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Well they are pretty adept at steering clear of "Five O", sorry I was just a pizza delivery guy. So entering school though metal detectors is de rigueur in the rest of the county I'm guessing? Don't need 400acres, you can do well on 1/2 an acre, surrounded by 400 acres occupied by others who can afford Potomac. Pizza delivery guys got robbed in Pepper Tree and the Hewitt Avenue places frequently. This was before the internet and 500 tv channels.

When you were delivering pizza in "the hood" Baltimore and DC were having 350-400 murders a year.

I went to Blake....brand new school....automatic flushing toilets and I had two MoCo cops ASSIGNED to my school.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    When you were delivering pizza in "the hood" Baltimore and DC were having 350-400 murders a year.

I went to Blake....brand new school....automatic flushing toilets and I had two MoCo cops ASSIGNED to my school.

It's not a contest. I'd be surprised if they deliver pizza in "the hood" no it is not Baltimore or DC slum level, and sorry if that's how you read the implication. The drug bust on Sun Valley Circle (across from Argyle) up the road was notable, being "Montgomery County." We didn't have cops in our school, and to note that they were assigned to school on Norwood is interesting. Was Blake 21% White and half the students on assisted lunch 15 years ago? There are definitely nice homes in that district, and private schools to go with them. Where we moved from, the choice was Argyle and Kennedy.. uh no, not happening. Public school where I'm at now are not too bad of schools at all, without the major discipline problems. So choose higher mortgage or private school if you live near Pepper Tree.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Don't need 400acres, you can do well on 1/2 an acre, surrounded by 400 acres occupied by others who can afford Potomac.

I look forward to the Obama/HUD plan to install Section 8 housing throughout Potomac. We must bring socio-racial equality to all. It's the right thing to do, for the children.

Eventually we'll have Sanctuary City for rich white folks, those that haven't already moved to Geneva or Gstaad.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It's not a contest. I'd be surprised if they deliver pizza in "the hood" no it is not Baltimore or DC slum level, and sorry if that's how you read the implication. The drug bust on Sun Valley Circle (across from Argyle) up the road was notable, being "Montgomery County." We didn't have cops in our school, and to note that they were assigned to school on Norwood is interesting. Was Blake 21% White and half the students on assisted lunch 15 years ago? There are definitely nice homes in that district, and private schools to go with them. Where we moved from, the choice was Argyle and Kennedy.. uh no, not happening. Public school where I'm at now are not too bad of schools at all, without the major discipline problems. So choose higher mortgage or private school if you live near Pepper Tree.

It's not about it being a contest bro. Your calling one of the most expensive counties in America hood when 90% of the population couldnt afford to pay rent in these areas you call hood!

Keep your head on a swivel and always be alert but if you think Kennedy is hood or pepper tree is hood you need a reality check.

It's ok to be scared :)

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    I don't have class envy. I'm just happy to have escaped Wheaton Plaza (NOT Wheaton Mall!).
    I have a good friend who thinks he is street smart-- and he went to WJ. The funny thing is, we met in Baltimore, back in the days of Homicide, Life on the Streets, before The Shield or The Wire, so he would have known better.

I remember when Blake opened. It seemed like yesterday.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I don't have class envy. I'm just happy to have escaped Wheaton Plaza (NOT Wheaton Mall!).
    I have a good friend who thinks he is street smart-- and he went to WJ. The funny thing is, we met in Baltimore, back in the days of Homicide, Life on the Streets, before The Shield or The Wire, so he would have known better.

I remember when Blake opened. It seemed like yesterday.

It does doesn't it and that was 15 years ago ;)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    How many of those in Pepper Tree you believe are not on koolaid ? (the dole) When I shopped at Giant at Mercado, Food stamps were the primary legal tender. Having guys on the curb in cuffs once a month outside on my block too, I no likey. Sorry, the eight years now I've lived out of there has jaded me. The median income here is $240K vs $71K in 20906. You think Pepper residents are above the median? It is a different world here, and after the years here, sorry, but that area on Bel Pre is "Hood Lite". The area west of Georgia, Manor, Flower Valley etc. is still nice. It's like Georgia Ave is the proverbial wrong and right side of the tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom