• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Well another 1/2 year gone by, and Calvert still holds the crown of "Only County in MD without ANY formal gun range.

Did J2 ever get anywhere with their indoor Range,, John gave me a tour well over a year ago. But I have not heard anything recently.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    If J2 is the one I’m thinking if, they were unable to get a variance they were requesting. That was late summer last year if my memory has this right.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    If J2 is the one I’m thinking if, they were unable to get a variance they were requesting. That was late summer last year if my memory has this right.
    That was the large indoor proposed in Owings (corner of Skinners and RT 4)
    J2 is the LGS on RT 231 just before the Pax river bridge.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Given that St Marys has given the full approval to more sprawl and garbage in Lexington Pk right next door to SLSC... Not sure how much longer things will be going on there.

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Given that St Marys has given the full approval to more sprawl and garbage in Lexington Pk right next door to SLSC... Not sure how much longer things will be going on there.
    I spoke at the hearing for the planning commission. They did get the ok to move ahead but it was with stipulations. After the meeting, I talked to the builder and they were worried that with the stipulations that were put in place, it was going raise the price of construction to the point that they were not sure what to do. The Planning Commission was 100% for SLSC being unaffected by the new development.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I wish I'd known, I'd have come and spoken in favor of protecting SLSC. We've spent a lot of money making sure those ranges are safe.

They aren't as fancy as some places that I've shot on in Europe, but they are as safe as any in the world.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Owings, Calvert county …. The builder just posted this on social media….

IMG_2054.jpeg

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    I spoke at the hearing for the planning commission. They did get the ok to move ahead but it was with stipulations. After the meeting, I talked to the builder and they were worried that with the stipulations that were put in place, it was going raise the price of construction to the point that they were not sure what to do. The Planning Commission was 100% for SLSC being unaffected by the new development.
    What are they putting in?? Is it on Great Mills road??

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I wish I'd known, I'd have come and spoken in favor of protecting SLSC. We've spent a lot of money making sure those ranges are safe.

They aren't as fancy as some places that I've shot on in Europe, but they are as safe as any in the world.
    They are very well designed and built. Perhaps not ‘glossy’, but more action than you can get on most ranges in the middle Atlantic region.
    Rare here in MD with so many Libs moving in near ranges and getting them shut down.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    what neighbors? Victoria Station? Calvert better watch it bunch of Liberals moving in
    Yes, the 3-4 Victoria Station neighbors who border the Skagss property
    I feel like the Native Indians did in the 1850-1870s,, watching the inevitable influx of people who will drastically change the land, and there is nothing I can do.

There is a big push with recent liberals (moved to Calvert) to create a freeway in place of rt 4,, and we must have a Target store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom