• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have discovered I shoot better without my glasses. Eye protection, yes....corrective lenses, no.

The target is a blur at a little under 10 yards. I can make out the white square, but cannot make out the rings of the target.

This is left handed.
    25 feet or so.
    S&W Model 27
    .357 Magnum- 158 grain plated semi-wadcutter in front of 6.1 grains of Unique.
    Single action.
    Cup and saucer hold.

560464_10151782539520585_691460584_24760459_812693464_n.jpg

I don't know which ones were the first shots. I could not see the results until I was done and walked up on the target.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Next time you are at the optometrist ask them about setting up your glasses for shooting. I know several people that have their glasses set so that with their weaker eye (non-dominant) they can see at a distance and their strong eye (dominant) they can see up close.

With this set up, your strong eye can focus on the front sight but not the target.

When I shoot 100 yard High Power matches I use plain safety glasses for the same reason. I tend to focus on the target even though I know better. This is a cheap fix until the new shooting glasses come in.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you can see the front sight , just center it on the blurry white paper ( or blurry felon as case may be) .

Improving well on trigger control , now we need to get you away from cup and saucer to a propper two hand grip.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    If you can see the front sight , just center it on the blurry white paper ( or blurry felon as case may be) .

Improving well on trigger control , now we need to get you away from cup and saucer to a propper two hand grip.

Due to nerve damage, the pinkie, bottom and heel of my left hand are largely numb. Cup and saucer seems to compensate for that...for now.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Ah. With a revolver, okay. With a semi-auto, not advisable. Although not a common occurrence, the breech lockup in a semi-auto *can* fail on firing, and blow the magazine downward out of the hand grip. If your palm is there--it can seriously injure your hand.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Due to nerve damage, the pinkie, bottom and heel of my left hand are largely numb. Cup and saucer seems to compensate for that...for now.

Well the nerve damage is your own fault. Serves you right tryng to deflect the frying pan the Wookie swung at your head.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom