• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I just received this response from MSP. Paragraph 3, lines 3 & 4. What do you guys think?

Judging by this, they're saying that a short barrel AK is ok so long as it has an OAL of >29"?

Attachments

• 5-14-14 Andrew Raymond Reply (1) (1).pdf
      85.1 KB · Views: 655

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Looks like any centerfire, semiautomatic firearm over 29" (SBR or not) that does not have more than one "evil feature" is good to go. Much clearer than the last advisory IMO. Just gotta get it on the roster to sell it.

I would assume any Form 1s under 29" sent in prior to Oct 1 2013 are gtg as well. Any Form 1s sent after 10/1/2013 would have to be 29" or longer.

Seems most people refuse to acknowledge how to measure O.A.L. though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    "no way" HAHAHAHAHAHA I can only imagine what you wrote in that original email in response to the advisory.

But, seriously, this is some fantastic news, and it clarifies that SBRs/SBSs/handguns can't be ALGs. The fact that it took them a month to respond makes me hopeful this is a real official position now.

Nice going, Andy. :) When are you going to submit some AK pistols to the roster? I wouldn't mind building an M85 SBR one of these days. :) Or maybe do something a CAI C93 pistol... lots of possibilities.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    "no way" HAHAHAHAHAHA I can only imagine what you wrote in that original email in response to the advisory.

But, seriously, this is some fantastic news, and it clarifies that SBRs/SBSs/handguns can't be ALGs. The fact that it took them a month to respond makes me hopeful this is a real official position now.

Nice going, Andy. :) When are you going to submit some AK pistols to the roster? I wouldn't mind building an M85 SBR one of these days. :) Or maybe do something a CAI C93 pistol... lots of possibilities.

We've been on it bro. Submitting all sorts of stuff. I must have my AKs back.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Be a nice source of income for the shop gunsmith, too... lots of quick tap and drill work to get ACE folders on those guns.

Oh, and lest I forget: CAI C39 MICRO.

N00bSh00ter

Feb 6, 2014
    MoCo
    Wow. Wouldn't that be great if we could get them on the roster. I'd come to Engage the next day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    will msp be coming for sbr s not listed on the handgun roster that were transferred/built in the past?

I doubt that 99% of the previously legal sbrs in md are on the handgun roster.

I had no idea that the handgun roster applies to sales to police agencies. I wonder of this is a recent policy change to cover their butts because of the defendants arguments in Kolbe.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    What's the procedure to amend a submitted form 1 from an 8.2" barrel and 27.2" OAL to 10.2" barrel and 29.2" OAL?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    next thing you know, they will say that any rifle with a removeable barrel or stock has potential to be a handgun amd therefore must be on the roster.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    For clarification; A centerfire rifle with a detachable magazine cannot have more than one of the following features:

1. Folding stock
    2. Grenade or flare launcher
    3. Flash hider

And this is an slant brake... Not a flash hider, correct?
    ak%20slant%20brake.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom