• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    A while ago I found these 2 beauties on the interwebz. I've been looking for a used 870 Police to turn into a copy of the one on the right. I love the happy face end cap.

0fdd33b6672e69c4599ee74769b4eb41_zps1d7cc5f9.jpg

I think these will be the model for the police trade-in 870 I just picked up

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm looking for a mossberg 590a1 factory sbs. Can't find them biaches anywhere now.

I don't want to make one, I only want factory mossberg markings. I have a reason for that.

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Any factory options out there that are short, but wont require a tax stamp?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you are concerned with OAL rather than bbl length for its own abstract sake , look at a SxS with bbls cut to 18.1 inches. Similar OAL to a 14in pump.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    They can be found cheaper. I picked up the same setup in 2012 for $269. Found it on Subguns or Sturm.

I wish I could find a deal like that. I can build one ALOT cheaper than $500 but for the project Im doing I don't want to have a gun with markings outside the Mossberg ones.

Im likely going to buy the blem unit and do a refinish. Im planning on adding wood to the gun anyway.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    So, after reading through the 51 pages of the "No More SBR's" thread, I'm uncertain about the future of Maryland SBS's. Are they still good to go, or is their future as clear (:lol2:) as SBR AR's?

The question regarding AR SBRs in light of FSA2013 revolved entirely around the AR platform being banned from sale, manufacture, etc. Converting non-banned firearms into short-barrel form, be they shotguns or rifles, was not explicitly impacted. No shotguns were banned, so SBSs should still be good to go across the board. You may run into trouble with someone claiming that a Saiga-12 shotgun is an AK variant rifle, but strictly speaking they should be fine too.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I prefer the Remington 870 AOW to the SBS. Just a personal opinion. The $5 stamp also makes them more reasonable.

But I would recommend removing that stupid revolver style hand grip and install a ball grip.

Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom