• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    Maybe this is a stupid question, maybe I should google more, but here it is anyway: anyone makes extension barrel for shotguns, say saiga12? So with some simple "screwing operation", 19in barrel will become 24in if desired.

This is probably infeasible for rifle barrel, but shotgun barrels are just smooth tubes, can't be too hard. Or am I missing something?:rolleyes:

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    there is a company I think called Mitchell that imports shotguns following that idea I think they call them external chokes and they can add up to a few inches but this doesnt extend the sight radius

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    there is a company I think called Mitchell that imports shotguns following that idea I think they call them external chokes and they can add up to a few inches but this doesnt extend the sight radius

Sight radius doens't matter if an scope is present. I am just thinking 19 for HD and add 10in for water fowl.

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    I am thinking getting a saiga 12 wiht 19in barrel. If possible also use for trap/skeet and hunting. So just checking out possibilities here. Or maybe 19in is good enough for normal plays?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are various extended choke tubes .
    Doubtful if one would change the handling characteristics of a Siaga to a "vanilla " sporting semiauto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom