• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I went to Engage Armament on Saturday and bought a Remington 870 pump action shotgun. The folks there were great and Nate and Andy took good care of me. They had a Mossberg that I also seriously considered but in the end, the Remington just felt better in my hands. Now I just need to find a range to practice with it. I hope The Machine Gun Nest opens up soon in Frederick.

Here is a picture of the shotgun I bought. Thanks to everyone for helping me with this purchase.

Cal68

Attachments

• DSC_0287.jpg
      DSC_0287.jpg
      42.3 KB · Views: 148

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Looks great! Thanks for coming by, and glad to see that 870 Police Magnum found a good home! Wish we could have chatted a bit more, come on by any time!

Nate

MEAT

May 3, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I went to Engage Armament on Saturday and bought a Remington 870 pump action shotgun. The folks there were great and Nate and Andy took good care of me. They had a Mossberg that I also seriously considered but in the end, the Remington just felt better in my hands. Now I just need to find a range to practice with it. I hope The Machine Gun Nest opens up soon in Frederick.

Here is a picture of the shotgun I bought. Thanks to everyone for helping me with this purchase.

Cal68
    Thats a beautiful gun. Have never been a fan of wood furniture before, but this thing is changing my opinion.

Feb 28, 2013
    If it were black plastic I'd say it definitely needs a pistol grip and shoulder thing that goes up.

But that looks just fine the way it is.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Nice. That's definitely a worthy tool. :thumbsup:

I always appreciate wood. :)

Thats a beautiful gun. Have never been a fan of wood furniture before, but this thing is changing my opinion.

If it were black plastic I'd say it definitely needs a pistol grip and shoulder thing that goes up.

But that looks just fine the way it is.

Looks great! Thanks for coming by, and glad to see that 870 Police Magnum found a good home! Wish we could have chatted a bit more, come on by any time!

Nate

Thanks for the compliments on the shotgun everyone. Yes, I really liked the feel and look of the wood even though I know that I need to be more careful with it when I am cleaning the shotgun.

The folks at Engage Armament were really terrific and I recommend them wholeheartedly. They took the time to discuss the pros and cons of all the options they had in the store and helped me pick the one that was best for me. Just as an FYI, they had a large stock of Sig and Glock handguns in stock. The Sig 1911 was tempting but it will have to wait for another day.

It also felt great to be able to walk out with the shotgun after a short wait for Engage to do the background check. Wish it could be this way for all firearms!

Cal68

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I would (strongly) ditto the Engage recommendation. Nate (and Andy) is a good guy and he'll help you out. Atlantic in Rockville (on 355, near Montgomery College) is another good option as I think they're likely to have a greater selection of shotguns than Engage.

Unless you're looking to get into serious sport shooting, I'd definitely check out the Mossberg 590 and 590a1 (the a1's essentially a military (beefed-up) version of the 590) series and Remington 870. You cannot go wrong with either, but, between the two, I find the Mossberg more user friendly (the placement of controls seems more intuitive).

Another alternative are the magazine-fed, semi-autos like the Saiga or Vepr. Although a pump has its benefits, for sheer firepower, speed and reliability, I don't think you can beat a Vepr 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom