• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1-If you have a factory spx 930 stock , which has a pistol grip but the stock is non-adjustable , would this classify it as a assault wepeon ? Because its a semi auto ?

2- would the same go for a 870 tactical with a choke ?

3- could our ati and such adjustable stocks be pinned in one position and be acceptable as a non-adjustable stock ?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is gonna ask ,, any input would be great

Eddie Van

Dude
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hollywood Star Lanes
    1-If you have a factory spx 930 stock , which has a pistol grip but the stock is non-adjustable , would this classify it as a assault wepeon ? Because its a semi auto ?

No AW. It has to have both pistol grip and adj. stock

2- would the same go for a 870 tactical with a choke ?

870 is not semi-auto. No AW

3- could our ati and such adjustable stocks be pinned in one position and be acceptable as a non-adjustable stock ?

possibly. depends on if the pinning was deemed "permanent" (i.e. irreversible)

IANAL

BerettaTMC

Apr 12, 2010
    How about a Benelli M2 Tactical with pistol grips? The stock isn't collapsible but it does have some adjustments that can be made inside the butt stock. Is that defined as an "adjustable stock" or am I being paranoid?

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    No AW. It has to have both pistol grip and adj. stock

870 is not semi-auto. No AW

possibly. depends on if the pinning was deemed "permanent" (i.e. irreversible)

IANAL

Sorry Eddie Van... I think you are getting the "Copy Cat" Weapon Two feature Test confused with the Shotgun requirements in the bill.

A Semi Auto Shotgun with a pistol grip stock is considered an Assault Weapon in SB 281 and will need to be registered if it is becomes law.

The "Two Feature" test is for "Copy Cat Weapons" like FN SCARS, SIG 556 and Vz 58 that are not on the current Regulated Firearms list.
    The current Regulated Firearms list is still in SB 281 but is now called Assault Long Guns and are a seperate catagory than "Copy Cat" Weapons.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    How about a Benelli M2 Tactical with pistol grips? The stock isn't collapsible but it does have some adjustments that can be made inside the butt stock. Is that defined as an "adjustable stock" or am I being paranoid?

This is from the bill

(VI) A SEMIAUTOMATIC SHOTGUN THAT HAS:
    1. A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK; AND
    2. A PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF THE WEAPON, THUMBHOLE STOCK, OR VERTICAL HANDGRIP; OR
    (VII) A SHOTGUN WITH A REVOLVING CYLINDER.

Yours is adjustable. is it telescoping or folding?

Eddie Van

Dude
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hollywood Star Lanes
    Sorry Eddie Van... I think you are getting the "Copy Cat" Weapon Two feature Test confused with the Shotgun requirements in the bill.

A Semi Auto Shotgun with a pistol grip stock is considered an Assault Weapon in SB 281 and will need to be registered if it is becomes law.

The "Two Feature" test is for "Copy Cat Weapons" like FN SCARS, SIG 556 and Vz 58 that are not on the current Regulated Firearms list.
    The current Regulated Firearms list is still in SB 281 but is now called Assault Long Guns and are a seperate catagory than "Copy Cat" Weapons.

You should re-read. The test for shotguns is pistol grip AND collapsible stock.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Seems this only affects a semi-auto shotgun.

870 is pump so even with the scary features it's not an AW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom