Should Tennessee Be Ranked #1 For Survivability For Preppers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    It's definitely up there.

To me, getting as close as possible to 1" rainfall per week year around is ideal. In addition to consistent ongoing rain collection, 1" per week is great for gardening without irrigation, growing grass for grazing/fodder, and fruit trees.

Of course there are other criteria, but this one eliminates a lot of places.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Subscribed.

If I said to my wife, Let's move to Tennessee! She would be ready in one month.

What the heck am I waiting for??

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Right now I only have Tennessee, North Carolina, and coastal South Carolina in my plans. It is getting to the point where no state is safe from the endless encroachment of liberal stupidity.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    :party29::party29::party29:

When you get time, let us know how's life there.
    Life is great, people are friendly, state government doesn't bend you over, we have constitutional carry and taxes are low.

From a prepper standpoint we are on a lake that is 58 miles long so plenty of fish and like the article said the growing season is about 8 months out of the year. Spring gets the majority of the rain so the 1" per week metric is skewed but there is plenty of rainfall to store.

I shared a coffee this morning with a couple of herons and an eagle.

No state income tax, my F250 was a whopping $29/year to register and if your boat/utility trailer doesn't leave the state there is no requirement to even put a tag on it.

And we are saving $6K/year in property tax vs HoCo for a lot more property and a nicer house and boat dock.

Did I mention life is great?

mal316

MDS Supporter
    Jun 3, 2023
    Frederick, MD
    Life is great, people are friendly, state government doesn't bend you over, we have constitutional carry and taxes are low.

From a prepper standpoint we are on a lake that is 58 miles long so plenty of fish and like the article said the growing season is about 8 months out of the year. Spring gets the majority of the rain so the 1" per week metric is skewed but there is plenty of rainfall to store.

I shared a coffee this morning with a couple of herons and an eagle.

No state income tax, my F250 was a whopping $29/year to register and if your boat/utility trailer doesn't leave the state there is no requirement to even put a tag on it.

And we are saving $6K/year in property tax vs HoCo for a lot more property and a nicer house and boat dock.

Did I mention life is great?
    Oh man, everything turning green all of a sudden. :envy::envy::envy:

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    It's definitely up there.

To me, getting as close as possible to 1" rainfall per week year around is ideal. In addition to consistent ongoing rain collection, 1" per week is great for gardening without irrigation, growing grass for grazing/fodder, and fruit trees.

Of course there are other criteria, but this one eliminates a lot of places.
    Researching this and the nuclear or dirty bomb scenario means contamination of rainfall depending on where deployed and how and where the wind takes the atmospheric contamination. So many variables……..

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'd love to move to Tennessee, except Memphis.
    This left-wing clown represents Nashville.

Rep. steve Cohen.TN.with KFC.jpg

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    TN is wonderful. About a dozen miles from me as the crow flies.

Only one little, bitty thing the author of the article conveniently breezes by…nuke facility west of Knoxville and east of Nashville. It’s bound to attract attention and glow when seriously screwed with.

That would make E TN my favorite in TN.

Stove is a neighbor. Who knew he executed Plan B already?

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    That is Oak Ridge TN where they worked on the A bomb stuff during the war. We did jobs there when I was working for another company. The ground is radiated bad enough they have a policy. What ever equipment works in the ground never leaves the site. You use a back hoe or ditch witch, you price its full cost as part of the job as it stays there. If they have one already you can use that.

My wife's family moved to Memphis as her sister got a job down there. They tired to talk us to move there and both of us said not a chance. They live in Shelby county and my B-n-L drove me around trying to convince me of the merits of Shelby Co. I said I would live in Fayette or farther east toward Nashville. He said you would not like it there. There is too many hicks out there. I just looked at him and he understood. Those hicks, are my kind of people.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    … coastal South Carolina …

ymmv but, ime, all but the Upstate 1/3 of SC is called, “The Frying Pan” for a reason. A buddy who was born and raised in SC jokes, “It ain’t no accident the most prominent image associated with SC (state flag, etc) is a desert plant!

Upstate SC is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter but, most everyone there is trying hard to keep it a secret …

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    From the linked article…
    ”We have reached a stage where even people like Mark Zuckerberg realize that things are about to get really crazy.

The United States is in the process of committing financial suicide, but what we are facing goes far beyond economics.

We are literally facing a “perfect storm” that is being fueled by a whole host of different factors, and global events are on the verge of spiraling completely out of control.

So whether it is Tennessee or somewhere else, I would highly recommend figuring out where you want to be when everything finally hits the fan, because we are quickly running out of time.”

I keep hearing this, from myriad sources. It could be well on its way to becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom