Should Tennessee Be Ranked #1 For Survivability For Preppers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    ymmv but, ime, all but the Upstate 1/3 of SC is called, “The Frying Pan” for a reason. A buddy who was born and raised in SC jokes, “It ain’t no accident the most prominent image associated with SC (state flag, etc) is a desert plant!

Upstate SC is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter but, most everyone there is trying hard to keep it a secret …
    Greenville is turning liberal. Columbia already is. Upstate is a no go for me. Plus it is hot as hell there in the summer.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Greenville liberal? Someone should let the voters there know. Attached.

As I said, ymobviouslyvaries. Even if Greenville was liberal (ain’t there yet), it is a city. And one city liberal does not Upstate make. Even notable cities in conservative states such Texas, TN, NC, MO and AL are Dem-run sh*tholes.

I have cousins in Pickens, Salem and Walhalla and the notion that Upstate is liberal is laughable. I live west of Hickory NC and I Upstate SC is more conservative than even WNC …

As far as climate, it’s how many days (months) out of the year one is miserable outside that’s relative. Attached

Attachments

• IMG_5866.jpeg
      IMG_5866.jpeg
      150.5 KB · Views: 27
    Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    TN is wonderful. About a dozen miles from me as the crow flies.

Only one little, bitty thing the author of the article conveniently breezes by…nuke facility west of Knoxville and east of Nashville. It’s bound to attract attention and glow when seriously screwed with.

That would make E TN my favorite in TN.

Stove is a neighbor. Who knew he executed Plan B already?

Close, very close. Had to take care of some unfinished business, should be full time rez around 1 May.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Seriously, congrats. Which lake are you on? I used to play regularly on South Holston. Have some kin in the Tri-Cities. Huge drug problems around Bristol these day. Lots more poverty than I remember.

Chickamauga, home of the TN record large mouth bass.

Chickamauga is 58 miles long and the dam is in Chattanooga. The SSP is about 53 miles north of the dam. We routinely go 5 miles north and through the lock at Watts Bar to go eat at a restaurant on that lake.

Last edited:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Just wow.

Good friend in Chattanooga. If you should ever need it.

His folks used to run a “little sharpening shop.” MidSouth Saw and Grinding in Chattanooga. When asked what the sharpen…”everything from a pen knife to a dozer blade” was his answer. He’s a “slum lord” now and has won a case in front of the TN Supreme Court. Was an AllAmerican soccer player too. Good fella to know.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Life is great, people are friendly, state government doesn't bend you over, we have constitutional carry and taxes are low.

From a prepper standpoint we are on a lake that is 58 miles long so plenty of fish and like the article said the growing season is about 8 months out of the year. Spring gets the majority of the rain so the 1" per week metric is skewed but there is plenty of rainfall to store.

I shared a coffee this morning with a couple of herons and an eagle.

No state income tax, my F250 was a whopping $29/year to register and if your boat/utility trailer doesn't leave the state there is no requirement to even put a tag on it.

And we are saving $6K/year in property tax vs HoCo for a lot more property and a nicer house and boat dock.

Did I mention life is great?
    Boone Lake ??

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Chickamauga, home of the TN record large mouth bass.

Chickamauga is 58 miles long and the dam is in Chattanooga. The SSP is about 53 miles north of the dam. We routinely go 5 miles north and through the lock at Watts Bar to go eat at a restaurant on that lake.
    Jelly here Bro! I live in paradise on the bay. But you have space, and like-minded neighbors I expect. MD is likely lost forever to the libs.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    While invoking the name of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a radical member of the Tennessee General Assembly has called for her constituents to riot after the passage of a pro-police “routine traffic stop” bill.

“Yeah, we gonna fight,” state Senator Charlane Oliver told reporters on Friday. “Dr. King said ‘riots are the language of the unheard.’ You ain’t seen nothing yet.”

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    While invoking the name of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a radical member of the Tennessee General Assembly has called for her constituents to riot after the passage of a pro-police “routine traffic stop” bill.

“Yeah, we gonna fight,” state Senator Charlane Oliver told reporters on Friday. “Dr. King said ‘riots are the language of the unheard.’ You ain’t seen nothing yet.”

****Sounds like they are gonna fight! No doubt they will fight to win too! And when they win, they won't have to fight anymore because all of their demands will have been met by force! I guess they will be peaceful after they get literally everything they want and never ever ask for anything again.

Genius! Amazing we don't solve ALL of our problems by just rioting and fighting like in 3rd world countries... :rolleyes:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Dang that's nice. Can you give us a range of the cost of that setup?
    We bought the property in September of 2020 for $58,500.00. Almost 2 acres with 190' of waterfront.

The rip rap went in late '21 and that was $8,800.00.

The boat dock was $106K. I put another grand into materials to wire up the boat lift, install motion lights, power for receptacles, ceiling fan, etc.. and did all that work myself.

House was $650K. 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths. All one level so obviously more expensive (worth it), high end finishes inside, custom tile backplash in kitchen. Huge and extra deep three car garage, and a gun room off the garage that is conditioned. 12x30 screened in deck on the back. Also included running power to the boat dock and power to a spot in the front yard for flag pole lighting.

I also had them run gas, water and power to the outside rear for a future outdoor kitchen. Last fall we had concrete poured from the edge of the deck to the LH side of the house for this kitchen and tied in a sidewalk down to the boat dock and another sidewalk around the house to the driveway. $8,500.00

Property tax bill: $1,512.00

20230509_130537.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom