• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdsec

Sep 28, 2014
    I've been an all too infrequent (3-4 times a year) patron to PG Trap & Skeet over the past 8 years.

Aside from being a great facility it seems I always meet good people there. In fact I met my (now) wife there in 2011.

Anyway despite shooting shotguns on and off since I was 14 I have never shot 25 straight at any of the disciplines, usually far from it...until yesterday.

It was only wobble trap but thanks to Donnie's pro bono coaching it was probably the single best confidence inspiring experience I have had relative to shooting ever. Now I'm energized to take some lessons, maybe focus on skeet for awhile, buy a new gun, etc.

So I encourage any of you who enjoy shooting but might feel intimidated by the rules/formality of any of the shotgun sports to get out and start simple.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    He's a lot of fun on wobble and he helped my younger son a lot. When we were done he took a bird and wrote the date on it and gave it to my son. He has it displayed in his room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      99.6 KB · Views: 190

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Donnie's a great guy. He really makes the wobble trap fun. I used to shoot skeet with him. You won't meet a nicer guy anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Once you get to know him, you realize that he is a pretty darn good guy. It is like that with most of the guys down there. You need to spend time with them to find out that they are darn good people.

Think I was out there in October shooting with Mr. H., JoeRinMD, my brother, and a couple other MDS guys. Donnie was throwing wobble, like usual. He was barking at the crew in front of us about safety and muzzle control. Then my brother and I got up there. He looked at me and said, "Not the normal crew you come out with." My reply, "Nope, usually my dad and my two brothers, but only one brother could make it out today." He said, "I thought so." I was shocked that he actually remembered who I usually shoot with. Shocked, I tell you. Probably why I shot a 24 and missed an easy out goer. Granted, the Beretta was jamming up pretty good that day and I was going to throw it away until JoeR advised running a drill bit through the gas ports. I had already done it, but Joe said he got a ton of carbon out of a Remington he did it to, so I ran that drill bit through those holes using a dremel and now the gun runs smooth. So, that loss could have been the gun, my lack of concentration, the wind, the pellets, the powder burn, or whatever.

I've been shooting at PG since 1993 and most of the guys down there are great guys. They can be a little rough at times to new comers, which they were to me and my brothers, but once you get to know them, it is a joy to shoot with them.

I need to stop in and see Mark Biggins one day. Think he started there around 1993. Has to be 20+ years for him being there. I also need to stop in so I can try to remember how to shoot.

RB5082

Mar 6, 2015
    Donnie is the best. He's been a great help to me and my son. He's a great teacher and I always love to shoot wobble with him. Some good advice he told me:

1. You gotta love your gun.
    2. Keep your eye on the bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom