• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Just a quick shoutout to the Henry Company for their Customer Service. Yesterday, while up at AGC I was shooting a couple of 22 LRs after siting in my Winchester 70. One of the 22s was a new Henry Golden Boy that I picked up last week. While trying to do a small adjustment to the windage I made the stupid mistake of loosening the rear site screw a bit to much and I ended up losing it. When I got home I went on the Henry website and filled out the Customer Service contact form explaining what happened and asked if I could order a new screw (or for the right size so I could go buy one at a gun shop). I got the usual formula response email saying thanks for contacting us, things are crazy busy right now and it will be typically 3-4 business days until we can get back to you. But less than 5 minutes later I received a reply from one of their reps saying she had just put 2 replacement screws in the mail for me. In today's atmosphere with a lot of shite customer service, this was really cool. I certainly have them on my list of favorite gun companies now.

Oh, and I absolutely love the Golden Boy. The lever action is so smooth. I shot that and my old Marlin 60. Great fun on a beautiful sunny day at the range.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I am not surprised! I had a similar experience many years ago with my Golden Boy. I was teaching my first NRA Rifle class and used my Golden Boy in the class, I had the students try all the rifles I had (lever action, bolt action, semi-auto). One of the students dropped my Golden Boy. The brass butt plate got scratched and dented. The stock also got a small crack in it. After the class was over, I sent a request to the Henry Customer Service explaining what had happened and inquiring what the cost would be to replace the stock and butt plate.

I never got a reply back but I did get a box with new stock and plate along with a personal handwritten note from Anthony Imperato thanking me for using Henry rifles in my class!

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    My son has a Henry 22 mag that we took to the range Saturday. The lever had rust spots all over it but no rust anywhere else on the gun. The gun is kept in a safe with a dehumidifier. Nothing else in the safe with rust, just the lever on the Henry. It was just spots of rust, not an even coating, and all around the lever. Very strange looking. Anyway, he emailed Henry and explained the issue and they responded immediately and said they are sending him a new lever. So yes, Henry seems to have great customer service.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Had an issue with a bad chamber in one of their .327 lever rifles. They sent me a return label and I got it back in about a week fixed. People and companies make mistakes (chamber in this case) but the way they react to their mistake matters more to me. Henry made it right FAST and no cost to me, can't ask for more.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I've got several golden boys. amazing rifles. I had to send the .44 back twice,no biggie, when I got it back they polished it and replaced fore and butt stock...no charge. very impressed by them.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Yup, Henry rocks. Dad gifted me a golden boy 357 lever and the Ejector broke I think when He snaked it possibly. Emailed them cause all I wanted to do was buy one, they asked for Sn, then just mailed me one at no charge.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Just a quick shoutout to the Henry Company for their Customer Service. Yesterday, while up at AGC I was shooting a couple of 22 LRs after siting in my Winchester 70. One of the 22s was a new Henry Golden Boy that I picked up last week. While trying to do a small adjustment to the windage I made the stupid mistake of loosening the rear site screw a bit to much and I ended up losing it. When I got home I went on the Henry website and filled out the Customer Service contact form explaining what happened and asked if I could order a new screw (or for the right size so I could go buy one at a gun shop). I got the usual formula response email saying thanks for contacting us, things are crazy busy right now and it will be typically 3-4 business days until we can get back to you. But less than 5 minutes later I received a reply from one of their reps saying she had just put 2 replacement screws in the mail for me. In today's atmosphere with a lot of shite customer service, this was really cool. I certainly have them on my list of favorite gun companies now.

Oh, and I absolutely love the Golden Boy. The lever action is so smooth. I shot that and my old Marlin 60. Great fun on a beautiful sunny day at the range.

I have several Henrys 45/70, 30/30, and a 22. Now have a Big Horn Armory .500 S&W on the way. Henrys are the best just wish they made a .500 S&W. I have been after them for several years to consider making one even if it is only a single shot. They have a suggestion form you can fill out for improvements. That is how they have side gates as many of us requested it.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I own 4 Henry’s. Had an issue with a loose fitting stock cap on one of my AR7’s. Figured they would send a new cap. They sent an entire new stock. I also called them and explained I wanted to drill out the peep on an AR7 to open up the sight picture a bit. Offered to pay to have one shipped. They sent 4 new peep sight plates at no charge. They are a great American company!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom