• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Since you do not reload....how about your plain old "card table" available almost anywhere.
    Properly covered for gun cleaning, it would also serve for "Poker nite", or the wife's or "significant Other", "Bridge, Canasta, Rummy" nite, and many other diverse uses........

2C worth

R

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have this one and it works great. Takes less than a minute to put up and take down.

319KUJoiy6L.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/155024/frankford-arsenal-portable-reloading-stand

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    I dont know much about reloading, but how sturdy does the table need to be. I mean will cheap particle board just break when I go to press the bullets? I like the idea of a small foot print. Im debating turning a guest bedroom into a mini man town, with TV, Xbox and maybe a reloading area. But cheap is key but needs to be functional.

Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.
    I dont know much about reloading, but how sturdy does the table need to be. I mean will cheap particle board just break when I go to press the bullets? I like the idea of a small foot print. Im debating turning a guest bedroom into a mini man town, with TV, Xbox and maybe a reloading area. But cheap is key but needs to be functional.

I would be shocked if a particle board table would hold up in the long run. You may be able to brace it and make it last longer but in my opinion something more solid is the way to go. If you do go with a cheap table, instead of mounting the press directly to the table go to Home Depot and look through the scrap wood bin for a piece of 2x8 or larger about 18-24" long. Should only cost $1 or so. Mount the press to the board with sturdy countersunk bolts and then C-clamp the board to the table. This will spread out the load on the table and make up for some of its lack in strength. This also makes the press semi portable.

If you are looking to go the cheap route take a look at good will for a nice sturdy old wooden desk.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Man, I missed out on an old This End Up desk at Goodwill one day. $27 and I didn't have my wallet or a dime on me. Went bak the next morning and it was gone. Had drawers too.
    Has anyone tried the Lee tripod stand? It looks like you have to put a concrete block on the lower hanger for weight but it appears nice and compact.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom