• ...and so much more!
  • k3usr

Nov 16, 2007
    sog_gov-tac900.jpg

Another SOG I recently acquired , SOG GOV-TAC

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anyone on here got a leather guy? I built a small hunting knife from a blank. It’s nothing special, i just did an okay job. It would be awesome if i decided to give it a real polish. It’s proven itself be perfect for my needs and it’s my go to hunting knife. Anyway, I’d like to send it out and have a sheath built. Nothing crazy. Just a snap retention strap and belt loop (not at the top all floppy but behind the blade)

k3usr

Nov 16, 2007
    Anyone on here got a leather guy? I built a small hunting knife from a blank. It’s nothing special, i just did an okay job. It would be awesome if i decided to give it a real polish. It’s proven itself be perfect for my needs and it’s my go to hunting knife. Anyway, I’d like to send it out and have a sheath built. Nothing crazy. Just a snap retention strap and belt loop (not at the top all floppy but behind the blade)

Just happen to find this site - have never ordered from them but they look legit
    http://www.savagesheaths.com/index.html

k3usr

Nov 16, 2007
    Was hoping for someone more local honestly to fill their wallet but you’re right the work looks legit.

I would be interested is seeing the knife you made! I've been fighting the urge to try and make one (I have way to many hobbies already)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This thing is my favorite of favorites. Gets hard use in the shop and has skinned, quartered, and help butcher a lot of deer. In fact if you look close there is still deer hair in the pic. I should fully polish it but it’ll end up tarnished and rough again by November.

Would love a sheath for it.

Attachments

• AC47F52A-02FF-4383-880C-9F6801B89D7D.jpg
      AC47F52A-02FF-4383-880C-9F6801B89D7D.jpg
      48.3 KB · Views: 247

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    SC, nice job, and I really like that blade shape!

Any interest in licensing that design to a fellow MDSer?
    :)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    SC, nice job, and I really like that blade shape!

Any interest in licensing that design to a fellow MDSer?
    :)

I can’t take credit it came from a blank but it’s literally the perfect hunting knife. I had a buck 110, tip snapped. I’ve had benchmades, spyder co, etc. this stupid $50 (total) knife has done all I’ve ever asked of it and more.

I made another one that has a gut hook, slight curved design, and bought some dark African wood. I never use it but this thing stays sharp as balls and as long as you heat the fat off the blade it’ll do a whole deer from start to finish without needed a sharpen

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    Finished this Santoku 6 inch blade in AEB-L, Canarywood and brass. 62-63 RC and super thin, takes a real wicked edge.

KTpIyYv.jpg

k3usr

Nov 16, 2007
    SOG Instinct Mini

sog_instinct_mini800.jpg

SOG Instinct Mini. I wear it as a neck knife, something I didn't think was needed or that I would like it - but I do! Hope you guys don't mine so many SOG Knife pictures, been one a SOG kick lately. I do have other brands lol

k3usr

Nov 16, 2007
    blade play in mine, has opened in my pocket. it is now in a drawer

that's not good! I've never carried mine - got a good price on it and figure I'd just add it to the collection. Pretty much have to stay under 3in blades at work anyway so I've not been tempted to carry it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom