Side-by-side Ballistics Gel Comparison for 5.56, 9mm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Hi folks, I have a data need. We've all seen the ballistics gel images comparing different rifle or handgun rounds side-by-side to the same scale so you can compare terminal ballistic performance.

Does anyone have one of those that compares rifle and handgun rounds on the same scale in the same image that they'd be willing to share? 5.56 and 9mm would be preferable, but other options would work. I looked around on Google and a few other sites, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I could take two of the other, differently-scaled images and combine them myself, but I'm looking for something that doesn't look like it was stitched together by someone with the paintshop skills of a 9-year-old.

Thanks.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    If you look up nosler and ballistics gel they have some nice videos that are all very similar in the method they are shot. I'm sure you could pause it and print screen or snipping tool the video and do a side by side.

May take an extra few min but the videos are shot practically identical and should give a good comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom