• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I'd rather get an Arsenal SLR106, if I needed to get something with an AK-style action in 5.56.

:)

iSHOOT

Jan 6, 2010
    AA County
    It looks pretty sweet. Id like the chance to really get some range time behind one and torture test it in a solid real world scenarios

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    a good buy for $1200 bucks?

Opinions good or bad I want to hear them!

It is going to be really front heavy. I would op for the classic version to see if you like the weight. The use of AR mags is nice.

Also be sure to inspect it well firsthand since SIG QC is hit or miss.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    their good rifles. ive gotten behind one in 7.62x39 before. i have considered one myself really...but i agree with the above, check it out well before you seal the deal...ive seen some rough ones sitting in gun shops before.

edit: i just want to add that some people are to black and white about rifles...its either a AR or an AK, there is no others...or so it seems...

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    no it dosnt do anything a AR cant

It has a folding stock (VERY few ARs do, even piston ARs), it is also is a very reliable platform (unlike many piston ARs), it is a historically significant platform that can be modded with many 550, 551, 552 parts, and you don't see 20 of them at the range.

I have one that I want to SBR, waiting to see if Mark at 2A has an extra factory SBR available that I can trade the current gun in on (He got two in, ones taken, the other might be; no more factory SBRs onthe horizon). I paid less than $1200 at 2A, but that was 18 months ago; not sure what the current market is. (and Mark has really good prices, so....)

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    $1200 has been the going rate for the last two years. Better than the $2000 they wanted when they first came out. The only thing I don't like is the folding stock. If I picked one up, I'd put a collapsible stock on it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I would wait for the Sig 556xi, personally. No sense buying last year's model at that price.

I wish Sig made a factory 556R SBR or a P556R... that would be pretty sweet, not withstanding the recent quality control issues they've had in NH.

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    I have the swat patrol version and so far it been ok, not really hard to clean and it has very strong brass ejection. but i will say the collapsible folding stock is junk. while firing, a part of the stock that attaches to the receiver kept popping loose, I think the new models have the sig550 stocks so hopefully they have fixed that problem. It also has some weight to it so i imagine the full rail version is even heavier.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I have the swat patrol version and so far it been ok, not really hard to clean and it has very strong brass ejection. but i will say the collapsible folding stock is junk. while firing, a part of the stock that attaches to the receiver kept popping loose, I think the new models have the sig550 stocks so hopefully they have fixed that problem. It also has some weight to it so i imagine the full rail version is even heavier.

All the new models are coming with the 550 series stocks which they should have used in the first place. And if you don't like those, you can get a DDLES stock adapter and use any AR stock you want.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    The bullet button is great for CA residents, before that it was very ugly. It makes perfect sense to have a CA model, 1 out of every 7 Americans live in CA

And it does make sense. I just hate seeing a rifle with its nuts cut off displaying the words: Maryland compliant. I'm sure our legislators are proud.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I played with a 10" Factory SWAT SBR the other day. The rails do make it front heavy, I prefer the classic style that I have on my 551-A1. When the 551-A1 SBRs arrive I must have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom