• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    $1200 has been the going rate for the last two years. Better than the $2000 they wanted when they first came out. The only thing I don't like is the folding stock. If I picked one up, I'd put a collapsible stock on it.

Mine has a collapasable folding stock from the factory. :thumbsup:

For the OP, I love my 556. Accurate, very reliable, eats any ammo I give it (including the steel stuff that my AR hates), relatively easy to strip and clean, side charging (I hate the AR charging handle).

As far as the price goes, just compare it to an AR of similar quality and I think that you question is answered.

My only gripe is that the ejector throws brass into the side of the receiver which marrs it a bit... :rolleyes:

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Mine has a collapasable folding stock from the factory. :thumbsup:

You're right. They do collapse; however, I prefer an AR style collapsible stock. These aren't mine, just an example.

DDLES9.jpg

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    This is how mine came from the factory... not the coolest looking stock combination, but it works.

EDIT - I bought this before moving to MD

48.jpg

Last edited:

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    It is a Sig...C'mon

BUY IT...Yes I am being serious, awesome gun! :party29:

Im a Sig hater only gun manufacturer that one has blown up on me ( Sig Pro)
    and watched 2 guys with brand new 229's have frailer to feed and extract all day at the range. Its like century i just dont trust it.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Anybody notice the super gay Maryland/Hawaii state compliant compliant rifles.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Catalog/state-compliant-rifles.aspx

The only thing I see "Maryland compliant" with it is the 10 round magazine :shrug:. You would think they would just have a 20 round mag instead seeing as there are a ton of them floating around but again it is SIG, all about cutting corners until they have to put out something with quality in it before they lose their "prestige."

And for Hawaii it should have the standard capacity magazine. Hawaii only restricts pistol magazines at 10 rounds; you could buy 100 or 200 round rifle drums all day in Hawaii.

I am still on the fence about getting a SIG though. I would have to see it in person or see a really really good price for it online before I would consider buying one (especially avoid JS serial numbers in the 20,000-36,000 range). My reasons for wanting would be A) domestic caliber so don't have to worry about import bans, B) I just can't get behind buying an AR, C) AR mags are cheap and plentiful plus I have been really digging the lancers since they do look similar to the SIG factory mags

Last edited:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Im a Sig hater only gun manufacturer that one has blown up on me ( Sig Pro)
    and watched 2 guys with brand new 229's have frailer to feed and extract all day at the range. Its like century i just dont trust it.

It's a 200 round break in period... they got that from Kimber. :lol2:

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    Well guys I thank you all for the info. I was looking at 556swat pistol. But I am thinking about the rifle now. Do you guys think the pistol ver is worth it?

Tobias Reaper

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Got a lightly used Sig Classic for $835 w/ FFL fee from original owner a few years ago. Really like it, but didn't care much for Classic lower/ folding stock so I traded for regular lower using AR stock (plus $150 to my credit). You should be able to do better than $1200, but people are buying more now before election. As someone said before, SWAT version is gonna be even front heavy before you start mounting anything to it.

BTW, I also got a Sig556P for about the same price/time which I haven't shot it yet. SBR route is the only way to get the most out of it. Although, my most recently RRA AR 7" pistol built turns out very accurate and reliable w/ Tula ammo.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    SIG dropped the price on these big time about two years ago and really upset their dealers that already had existing inventory. I saw the Classic for "Buy it now $899" on Gun Broker a while back.

It will probably be until the Summer of 2013 before we see prices like that again....

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    It is going to be really front heavy. I would op for the classic version to see if you like the weight. The use of AR mags is nice.

Also be sure to inspect it well firsthand since SIG QC is hit or miss.

VERY front heavy. A good buddy has one. It's a great shooter, neat rifle and I like that it uses AR mags. But it doesn't do anything better than an AR or AK. And it's heavier than my ARs. Don't get me wrong, great rifle just not my style. There were recall issues with the gas system, look into it to see if it's resolved. But they are indeed mean looking rifles. It's something I would buy, but way down the list. Next rifle is an M1A or an AR10 SBR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom