• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    So here is a question...
    I have a Noveske Upper and Lower I am putting together. I want to get a good barrel. DD barrels are available and I know the quality is good but the price just kills me...
    I have considered a Spikes or Black Rain barrel because the price is a bit less...
    Then I come across a barrel by Sig. Anyone have any idea how they rate compared to Daniel Defense / Spikes / others.... Here is the write up for the barrel.

<quote>
    16" Chrome Lined 5.56 NATO .223 Barrel. Chrome Lined 41V50 Mil Spec Chrome Moly Steel Button Rifled Thermo Stress Relieved Precision Air Gaged Parkerized Finish 1x7 Twist - M4 Ramps SIG Sauer Extractor Support Pin Carbine Gas Length Muzzle Threaded 1/2 x 28 This is a NEW M4 profile AR15 Barrel manufactured for SIG Sauer. This is the barrel utilized in the M400 and other SIG rifle platforms. This barrel with fit all AR-15/M16/M4 weapon systems and has the added reliability of SIG Sauer's Extractor Support within the locking lugs of the barrel extension.
    </quote>

Thanks in advance for the feedback and suggestions.
    Chris

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just complete the noveske build with a noveske barrel. They're great. Avoid black rain

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I looked at the Noveske and Rainier barrels and my problem is they don't come in the configuration I want.
    M4 Carbine Length.

Any other suggestions? I am open to anything.

Thoughts on...
    Black Hole Weaponry 16" 5.56 M4 Barrel 416R Match Grade SS Polygonal Rifling (At Joebob's now...)

Chris

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I looked at the Noveske and Rainier barrels and my problem is they don't come in the configuration I want.
    M4 Carbine Length.

Any other suggestions? I am open to anything.

Thoughts on...
    Black Hole Weaponry 16" 5.56 M4 Barrel 416R Match Grade SS Polygonal Rifling (At Joebob's now...)

Chris

I'm curious, why do you want carbine length? Mid length is the way to go for a 16" barrel, IMO.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Just like the way it looks.
    What are the advantages of a mid length?
    My mind can be changed.

Carbine length gas system is simply too short for a 16" barrel... it was never designed for anything near that long. Because the gas port is in the wrong place, the bolt unlocks too early; the gas tube pressure too high; the dwell time too long; the bolt velocity is too fast; increased malfunctions; increased felt recoil; increased gas in your face; increased wear on the gun; etc...

See this thread for the explanation. http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-199626.html

Not saying that a carbine length will not work well, just that there is a better option out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom