• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Just curious, are the mags interchangeable on the 226 and 229? I put the papers in on a 226 today and got a 229 magazine a while back and have no other use for. Same caliber. I was originally going to get a 229 but the deal I go on the 226 just couldn't pass up. Thanks!

Dec 6, 2011
    Your 229 magazine will not fit in a 226 because it is too short and also too fat if it is a 229-1 magazine variant.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    However a 226 magazine will fit in a 229 in a pinch. If your 226 is delivered without mags. check out Greg Cote LLC. He has some great prices on Mec gar mags for SIGs and super fast shipping.

Last edited:

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    However a 226 magazine will fit in a 229 in a pinch. If your 226 is delivered without mags. check out Greg Cote LLC. He has some great prices on Meg gar mags for SIGs and super fast shipping.

Thanks for the lead, luckily it comes with 3 mags. Ffl blocked them to 10 rounds. But naturally 3 is never enough. Lol

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    However a 226 magazine will fit in a 229 in a pinch. If your 226 is delivered without mags. check out Greg Cote LLC. He has some great prices on Mec gar mags for SIGs and super fast shipping.

Those are some great prices, how is the shipping?

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I don't yet have my 226 legion, but the extra Mecgar 10 round mags that I bought seem very nice quality. I can let you know how they work in the next couple of weeks once I get the gun and head to the range.

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    I don't yet have my 226 legion, but the extra Mecgar 10 round mags that I bought seem very nice quality. I can let you know how they work in the next couple of weeks once I get the gun and head to the range.

I have a mecgar 20 rounder for my m9 and works great. Next time I'm out of this state I'll look out for some standard cap mags for it along with taking my blocked ones and clean them :D

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD

Mec Gar makes Sig's 226 mags so they are almost exactly the same as your Sig mags

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish

i just had an order cancelled for having a MD billing address :(

Sep 29, 2015
    Delmarva
    i just had an order cancelled for having a MD billing address :(

I tried to order some from Greg Cote and he canceled my order due to my billing address being in MD even though they were shipping to DE.

Just another example of a company not willing to take the time to understand the laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    Even for 10 rounders? Good to know!

I think if you're ordering 10rounders you should be good to go still. I was having normal capacity mags shipped to VA. This is what they said in the email;

The comments for your order are:
    Hi,

Sorry I can't fill this order, see below.

Maryland: No magazine above 10 rounds or no magazine above 10 rounds to anyone using a billing address in the state of MD.

Thanks,

Greg

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    Greg Cote use to ship them.

I recently tried to place an order and have them shipped to SC. But his reply to me was a little more detailed. It said under advice from a lawyer, he can't ship an order with a MD billing address. So somewhere along the line something made him change policy.

But he is fast on shipping if you can place an order. I had stuff order and got an email with shipping within like 5 hours.

I own multipe Sig's. The easiest way I have found to get OEM mags or the Mec-Gar mags is to go to the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly, VA. There are several vendors there who sell what you likely want. Some are used, some are new in the box. There is one vendor who has W. German police surplus. IMO, Mec-Gar are well worth it and are sometimes less expensive than the stuff that comes in the Sig packaging. I've had multiple Sig OEM mags fail on me. I think these are the Checkmate ones because they don't say made in Italy. Hasn't happend yet with the Mec-Gar's. Anyway,s just a suggestion to get around the stupid law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom