• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Just got a batch of the 556 Sig MCX rifles. Incredibly lightweight gun. These will come with a CMMG muzzle brake installed in order to remove the flash hider.

$1749.99 plus tax

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      48.8 KB · Views: 1,432

desertfox44

Jul 8, 2015
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

Do you have a letter from the MSP re-classifying the MCX as a "copycat" weapon (allowing the muzzle break instillation to make the rifle MD legal) instead of what is currently listed on the website Banned: "Copy of an enumerated assault weapon".

Like you I believe the rifle should be re-classified as a "copycat" (in stock form) however given the cosmetic similarities to the AR-15 and MSP current classification on their website as a "Copy of an enumerated assault weapon" one would most likely need to hire an attorney to overturn an arrest for possessing an MCX.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The list isn't legally binding, and is riddled with errors. You may as well ignore it in 99% of cases.

desertfox44

Jul 8, 2015
    The list isn't legally binding, and is riddled with errors. You may as well ignore it in 99% of cases.

I agree however I believe law enforcement would arrest you based on the MSP determinations and tell you to sort it out with the judge. Ideally a letter from the MSP addressing the MCX could help avoid being arrested in the first place.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I agree however I believe law enforcement would arrest you based on the MSP determinations and tell you to sort it out with the judge. Ideally a letter from the MSP addressing the MCX could help avoid being arrested in the first place.

Anyone been arrested for possessing something on "the list" yet?

Seen police stationed at the range to do gun checks? :shrug:

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

Do you have a letter from the MSP re-classifying the MCX as a "copycat" weapon (allowing the muzzle break instillation to make the rifle MD legal) instead of what is currently listed on the website Banned: "Copy of an enumerated assault weapon".

Like you I believe the rifle should be re-classified as a "copycat" (in stock form) however given the cosmetic similarities to the AR-15 and MSP current classification on their website as a "Copy of an enumerated assault weapon" one would most likely need to hire an attorney to overturn an arrest for possessing an MCX.

No, because they won't fix their list. If a firearm is legal and sold in contradiction to the list, the act is not illegal, that's floating around in that letter from Capt. Stachursky I posted a while back from the MPIA stuff.

Big

Jul 19, 2014
    All i am saying is it s time to buy a MPX and a matching suppressor with a trust real quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom