• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I have a standard P220 right now. Its got the thin trigger, which I dont care for. Im looking around for a standard, fat, trigger but am having no luck. Well I was with a buddy today at a local IP and looked at a P220 scorpion. It has the trigger I want, its got the SRT as well. The hogue grips are nice but Im not sure how much nicer they are than the standard ones. The color is cool but Im unsure how it will wear from use in a holster. So heres my question and where I need some help. I can swap out the trigger in my p220 to the thicker version, which is mainly all I want. Get the short reset down the road. See how that feels and possibly get the same grips as well. Or I can go through the headache of selling mine and pay the extra money and get the scorpion. My issue is I cant find any parts. Like out of stock isnt a problem yet, I cant even find the parts I want listed. Any help please?

EDIT: called sig, ordered the fatter trigger

As far as thicker grips, what are some options? I know I dont want the hogues that have the finger grooves. But other ones would be fine.

Dont like these:
    http://www.cgwgun.com/images/products/HG-20000.gif

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Obviously noone cared but I did want to point out that the new trigger arrived today. Sig shipped alot faster than they said they would. Im very surprised.

I put it in. Wasnt too hard, looked at a few diagrams, compared a few instructions. Took maybe 15-20 minutes.

I believe it will help. The gun feels more comfortable to me now. It feels more natural, like my 229 and 226. Dry firing I notice that Im not moving as much when I squeeze the trigger. Range test is next. I still think I want some different grips but so far so good.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Good to know shipping isn't awful

Yeah I was very impressed. I figured with the way gun makers are backlogged and everything that the quoted 2 weeks was farfetched. Maybe Ill get lucky with another purchase I made that was quoted to be awhile:D

BTW, I see your looking for 220 mags. I saw brand new factory at chantilly for 50 bux. Id like to pick up 5 more but for 50 bux....

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    I know the SRT is supposed to have a short reset, but is the trigger break better as well? I tried one in a store the other day and the SRT trigger seemed markedly improved over the other Sig triggers I've tried before.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I know the SRT is supposed to have a short reset, but is the trigger break better as well? I tried one in a store the other day and the SRT trigger seemed markedly improved over the other Sig triggers I've tried before.

The ones that i felt, i think they broke the same. I didnt pay attention to it either. But it just reset faster. Like as soon as you start letting off the trigger it resets so theres almost no travel. I think i want one...but i gotta shoot mine how it is now and see how i feel. I assume though that it breaks in the same spot so it shouldnt affect feel much. If anything maybe itll make it more accurate and easier to shoot faster due to less travel.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    Yeah I was very impressed. I figured with the way gun makers are backlogged and everything that the quoted 2 weeks was farfetched. Maybe Ill get lucky with another purchase I made that was quoted to be awhile:D

BTW, I see your looking for 220 mags. I saw brand new factory at chantilly for 50 bux. Id like to pick up 5 more but for 50 bux....

Thanks yeah 45-50 seems norm now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom