• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I am considering buying a Sig P250, as it is interchangable from 9mm to .45. I would apprecite any comments from those who own or have shot it. Thanks

raggedman

Nov 6, 2008
    I own one and love it. Yes, the trigger pull is longish (revolver-like) but buttery smooth out of the box. They are DA only so its takes a bit of getting used to if you've been shooting SA pistols. That said, I've found mine (9mm, full size) to be trouble free and very accurate.

I didn't buy mine intending to make use of the interchangeability as one would need to purchase new frames, barrels, slides to configure a different pistol. I would as soon just just buy a new gun. Though I may rethink my position based on MDs new, more restrictive position.

In short, I am more than pleased. Hope this helps

Regards

Ed

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Long and heavy trigger pull.

I'm not fond of the DA-only side. Sam's (Mark75H) cousin absolutely loves it and is seriously accurate with it. It's all what you like and what you're used to.

I'd shoot one before I buy it, just to see ifmyou like it.

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    Shot it at an IDPA side match once. I ran the whole match with a Smith and Wesson revolver, then shot the side match. After shooting a fairly heavy revolver trigger pull all day, I wound up short stroking the P250's trigger on the second shot of a close range Mozambique drill type stage. That second that the trigger was locked up really made me think about whether it was good to use for anything in a pressure situation. Skip the P250, get two good guns and come out money ahead. YMMV.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I got one just after they came out and now have exchange kits for sizes and calipers. Nice gun but you have to get used to the trigger pull for target shooting. I think of it as more of a carry gun where the stress of a possible threat will make the trigger a non-issue. Chris

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Interchangeability is all about flexibility. That has a value proposition as unique to the owner as the trigger pull is to the shooter.

I have a couple of P250Cs. The trigger is unique and well described by other posters. It grows on some folks. Others not so much.

SIG me. I'm a P250 guy. They rock.

PS I didn't get them for interoperability rather reliability. That was a good decision.

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    I have a P250 full size in .45ACP and I am more accurate with that, than with my FNS 9MM, at least when I am firing as soon as I get on target. I agree with others, the trigger is long, but it is smooth. I also like it because I can take the creep out of the trigger after each shot, as I am reacquiring the target.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I have one in .45 acp.
    I though about getting a kit to shoot 9mm with it, but wound up getting a Glock 34 for that.

The trigger commentary already given is spot on, all I can add is it is an accurate shooter, very reliable, and a nice looking gun, but I rarely shoot it anymore. I enjoy shooting the other pistols I have, like the G34 and Ruger 1911 more than the Sig.

ED O

May 18, 2013
    Lusby
    I have the 9mm SC and love it. It is a long trigger but much lighter than a revolver and so smooth. My wifes first time shooting it she was putting nice tight groups on target and it was only the third time ever shooting a handgun. The other two times were S&W revolver and a ruger 22. She had much better groups with the Sig. I also love the fact for around 250 I can turn it into a hole new gun (full, compact, subcompact, 9, 40, 45 or 357sig) and don't need to wait on MSP to bring it home (cash&carry). For those not familiar the x-change kits come with the complete upper, grip module and mag and only takes a minute to swap it over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom