• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psubowhunter

Sep 18, 2012
    Hi everyone,
    I just purchased a Sig 716. It is their piston powered "AR" platform chambered in 7.62 NATO. I got a 20% off coupon for registering the gun, and it EXCLUDES rifle and pistol magazines. What a joke, I was going to buy 30 20 rounders to last me for a lifetime of shooting, and a lifetime of attacks on my 2nd Amendment rights that Americans have fought and died for.

My question, any good accessories that Sig produces? I was thinking about getting a light and a few holsters for my none Sig guns. Maybe a holster for my 1911s, and my Springfield XD 45.

Other things I was looking at was their fore grip light combo, their plain foregrip that changes to stubby, and their optics.

Anyone have any comments on these?

Thanks

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Springfield also gives you a coupon when you buy a new gun (though I think it includes mags.) But its fairly worthless because even w/ the discount you can find the same stuff cheaper online. IMO its just a marketing gimmick.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Springfield also gives you a coupon when you buy a new gun (though I think it includes mags.) But its fairly worthless because even w/ the discount you can find the same stuff cheaper online. IMO its just a marketing gimmick.

^^^This.

Alot of the SIG accessories, like their red dot sights, are imported junk.

I have one of the first 716s and recently noticed that SIG has moved away from the MAGPUL furniture (on mine) to their own house brand.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Unfortunately, while I like Sigs, most of their accessories they now sell (anything with "x-tac" on it in particular) are junk.

If the coupon is good for an extra pistol barrel or caliber change kit, that would be a good buy...

psubowhunter

Sep 18, 2012
    ^^^This.

Alot of the SIG accessories, like their red dot sights, are imported junk.

I have one of the first 716s and recently noticed that SIG has moved away from the MAGPUL furniture (on mine) to their own house brand.

What you got on your 716? I was thinking of putting a foregrip on mine with the Leopold VX-R hog and a light. I got the VX-R Hog on my M&P 15 and I like it. Was looking for something with a .308 reticule and the only thing I can entertain is the ACOG but that might be too much haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom