• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneGunTex

Escaped Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Southern Maryland, no longer
    Please redirect to the original if dupe, surprised I haven't seen it talked about

"Wounded officers sue Sig Sauer, say gun goes off by itself"

TL/DR : Lawsuit from at least 20 plaintiffs allege hundreds of incidents of the P320 discharging without anything touching the trigger. Notably, several plaintiffs are LEOs claiming it went off in the holster.

IMHO, if this was a real issue you would have thought it was caught before the M17 was widely adopted. That said, if true it is quite scary given the rapid rise/prevalence of the M17/P320

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Just saw this earlier somewhere else but have heard about the issue numerous times. I’ve seen videos of the pre update 320s going off with a hammer strike to the rear of the gun to simulate a dropped situation. I do find it hard to believe that there is no videos I can find of one going off without touching it considering how often it has supposedly happened and everything nowadays is caught on someone’s security cam.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    There was something to this, at least pre-fix which was like five years ago.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    And this guy is convincing although it isn’t caught on video.

Not defending Sig here but he needs to do his research, Milwaukee PD alleges they had P320s with faulty safety detentes, ie their guns came without safety detente springs. As for the other cases I have seen snippets but not full testimony documented like Milwaukee PDs complaint. As to this guy a faulty return spring seems sketch though, in striker I i would assume the return spring would return it the firing pin to the cocked and ready to fire position after it has been released.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    I've been carrying a P320 subcompact for a few years. Original purchase was the full size them the subcompact conversion kit.
    Never had any issues.
    I bring the full size kit to the range.
    Gotta break in my P365 so I can carry that. Haven't fired it yet. Been too busy with the move and now unpacking.
    Just got my MD in the mail yesterday.
    Hopefully, before renewal, the insane training and 2 year renewal get struck down.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    As for the guy that shot his knife and somehow missed his leg, seems odd, if he was in a surrender position his legs would have been spread at least shoulder with a part.

RennBaer

Aug 16, 2022
    NY-istan
    And this guy is convincing although it isn’t caught on video.

I wanted to believe this guy's story, but I can't get past the fact that the gun doesn't fire until he raises his arms above his head. When you raise your arms above your head it also lifts up your shirt, so if his tucked in shirt (loosely tucked in by the looks of it in some of the pictures he shared) got caught on the trigger it would have almost certainly pulled the trigger when he raised his arms. I think it's unlikely that any bystanders would have noticed his shirt caught in the holster if they weren't specifically looking for it, so it would appear as if the gun fired on its own.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I would buy other Sig pistols, but probably avoid this one. The "fix" sure seemed more like a band-aid to me, rather than a fix.

Just like with phones, I like to wait a while before buying into the latest/greatest.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Officer grabs perps ankles, lifts and pow his P320 discharged

Loved one of the comments - the officer is an awful shot, 8 people in the room and he didn't hit any.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

Loved one of the comments - the officer is an awful shot, 8 people in the room and he didn't hit any.

If you slow it down you’ll see that the one officer to the left of the “perp” turns and touches the pistol with his left hand just as it fires, it looks like his left thumb was very near the trigger of that pistol. One in a million, probably, but could explain it?

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD

If you slow it down you’ll see that the one officer to the left of the “perp” turns and touches the pistol with his left hand just as it fires, it looks like his left thumb was very near the trigger of that pistol. One in a million, probably, but could explain it?
    I do agree that the pistol was up against the other officer which does bring contact into question. The video isn’t conclusive.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Very duty holster I have observed has the trigger covered, with some level of tension.
    I’d like to know what make/model holster that was, and if it’s the same duty holster used in the other alleged cases of self-discharge in LEO incidents. It’s pretty telling that all of these alleged ‘incidents’ seem to have occurred while in the holsters, never in hands, or on a table or in a lockbox, etc... This is the official issued sidearm of the Armed Forces, have there been documented incidents of mystery discharges in the Military? Although I imagine these incidents could easily be covered up by the chains of command much more effectively. Interesting mystery to say the least.

Edit: just saw a Yankee Marshal video where he questions the holster as well, saying the officer never fully holstered his weapon fully/properly, leaving it exposed above the holster line. Another interesting take, though he doesn’t mention the other officer clearly touching his weapon on/near the trigger area with his left hand (he says he bumped it on his duty belt).

Last edited:

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I’d like to know what make/model holster that was, and if it’s the same duty holster used in the other alleged cases of self-discharge in LEO incidents. It’s pretty telling that all of these alleged ‘incidents’ seem to have occurred while in the holsters, never in hands, or on a table or in a lockbox, etc... Interesting mystery to say the least. This is the official issued sidearm of the Armed Forces, have there been documented incidents of mystery discharges in the Military? Although I imagine these incidents could easily be covered up by the chains of command much more effectively. Interesting mystery to say the least.

Edit: just saw a Yankee Marshal video where he questions the holster as well, saying the officer never fully holstered his weapon fully/properly, leaving it exposed above the holster line. Another interesting take, though he doesn’t mention the other officer clearly touching his weapon on/near the trigger area with his left hand (he says he bumped it on his duty belt).

Excellent find, thank ur for sharing….

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom