• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I was looking at Sight Mark Optics.
    They have some affordable reflex sights and rifle scopes.

Does anyone have any experience with them?
    Most Products have a Life Time Warrenty.

www.sightmark.com

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    I have a 1-4x scope and I think it's pretty nice. Seems a step up from NcStar, Barska, Konus and the like

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have had a Sightmark mini red dot for a couple of years. It is actually brighter than a $300 one I bought a couple of years before. I also own 2 Firefield 1-6x24 tactical scopes. FireField and Sightmark are both part of a company called Sellmark. For around $180 it came in around the middle of the pack in optics reviews of scopes costing from $200-$700 in the reviews on AR15.com, better than some $400 scopes. The reviewer was at the SHOT Show when Sellmark introduced both the Firefield 1-6x ($215) and the 2 Sightmark 1-6x ($360). After checking them out for awhile he told the company people there that there must be a mistake because the $215 Firefield was much better than either of the $360 Sightmarks. I bought both mine off Sportsman's Guide for $135/each on sale but since then the price has gone up to around $170. As for durability who knows, but these scopes have an unlimited warranty for the initial purchaser just like the Sightmark ones. It is not perfect but it has an exit pupil more than 50% wider than the 10x as costly Leopold VX-6i 1-6x at 1x. This is a distinct advantage in 3-gun where your eye may not be perfectly centered on the optic when moving and engaging targets. The optics are not as good as the VX-6 but it has to have something for the extra $1500. Admittedly the best 1-6x scope I have looked thru is a fellow shooters Vortex Razor HD II 1-6x24 ($1399) and I would love to have one, but not yet. Might go for the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 ($499) a really high rated scope by reviewers. Vortex has the #1 warranty in the business, no paper work, or receipt if it has an issue ship it to them and it will get fixed or replaced regardless of whether you are the original buyer or the 100th, no questions asked.

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    I was looking at those as well before I decided on a Primary Arms red dot. My friend purchased a SightMark afterwards and I just wasn't impressed with it due to the dot being too blurry (yes, I did adjust the brightness.) My suggestion is to look into the PA line of products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom