• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • It doesn't say who has to authorize it.

Attachments

• 20230930_113052.jpg
      20230930_113052.jpg
      241.3 KB · Views: 603

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    That sign is not clear… to me unauthorized means illegal.. Your W&C permit authorizes you to legally carry a handgun on your person…

It says unauthorized weapons. A carry permit gives you the authority to carry a deadly weapon, wherever legal.

That's how I'm reading it. Unauthorized was a poor choice of words.
    Maybe not. Maybe they're being purposefully vague. The sign went up yesterday cuz it wasn't there the day before. I'm pretty certain it was placed there in preparation for October 1st.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Maybe not. Maybe they're being purposefully vague. The sign went up yesterday cuz it wasn't there the day before. I'm pretty certain it was placed there in preparation for October 1st.
    Appears to be another way of wording to allow CCW with permit (“authorized”) without offending non-gun folks. Much like the wording used by Walmart and Martins.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

I agree. Of course the wording is deliberate. They went out of their way to NOT say simply "No Weapons." They obviously intend to say "Authorized Weapons are Not Disapproved," which is good Maryland English.

This is basically identical to the signs at Walmart and Martin's Grocery, which are discussed in the other thread.

The fact that this sign just appeared days before October 1 tells me it is deliberately intended to address the requirements of that law.

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    No, it's a very meaningful sign.

This is good, clear, straightforward Maryland English.

I don't understand why people find it confusing.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That sign is not clear… to me unauthorized means illegal.. Your W&C permit authorizes you to legally carry a handgun on your person…

This. With a permit, you’ve been authorized by the state to carry. That sign works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom