• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Where is everyone getting there large white sign boards?
    What are you making them out of?

Looking for something 3' x 4' or larger.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    When Patriot Picket began our sign picketing in 2016 we hit a motherload of very large discarded white cardboard boxes (shipping cheap particle board furniture) overflowing from a K-Mart dumpster, and we filled the cargo area of a Suburban with it for our first batch of large PP signs.

We never found free white cardboard again.

However, we still liberate large brown cardboard flats and paper boxes to use as backers for our white cardboard. We use two or three layers of this backing cardboard to stiffen our signs to resist collapsing in the wind.

When the free white cardboard was used up we sourced new white cardboard (tri-fold “science fair“ panels) and paper-faced foam sign board from the Dollar Tree stores, but both have smaller dimensions than what you specify.

For such larger white signs (2’x4’, 4’x4’, 4’x8’) we recycle old “one-sided” (blank on the backside) campaign signs, which, unlike the paper cardboard signs (which can be lettered with water-based paint from Dollar Tree and Walmart), require acrylic paint for the lettering.

If you don’t know anyone with a stash of old campaign signs to share you can ask members here if they have any to donate to you.

You can also buy blanks of new white plastic corrugated sign board from the home stores, such as:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    For reference, here are some pics of the sign sizes we frequently use.

The largest signs in the pics below are 4’ x 8’ or 4’ x 4’ corrugated plastic board.

The smaller cardboard signs are the Dollar Tree tri-fold science fair white boards, lettered in both the “landscape” or “portrait” orientation, but they are the same size board.

The “WHERE’S THE DUE PROCESS?” sign below is an example of an odd-sized piece of plastic sign board scrap put to good 2A use.

As when we hunt buffalo, nothing goes to waste.

6C16D70C-CD3B-432C-B42D-7F19CDA35FF8.jpeg

A814566F-4EA7-4CB6-874F-30FDD84883D9.jpeg
    07D0B6E1-B9D0-479F-8821-B87AA13B97C3.jpeg
    5CFA0C83-B633-4EEA-A58A-9CDBB2017908.jpeg

2771E2F4-430B-4EA7-A8C0-2C987B31E57B.jpeg

Last edited:

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Staples has 36"*48" white posterboard that you can get as a sign. A very smart person here recommended doing the blueprint printing for a sign, and then spray adhesive attaching it to the whiteboard. I had them attach and laminate one side, and sprayed the other on to make a pretty durable sign. They may be able to get that done for you today if you order it online now.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have some new brown cardboard boxes i can give i believe i have two sizes, you would have to paint them white then letter them.

Let me know, i cannot make it tonight to deliver.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Home Depot has 4' x 8' 1/4" white corrugated board.

Picked a sheet,,, making signs tonight.
    See you all at 7:00 AM at Rowe and taylor

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom