• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    Unfortunately I cannot really get into specifics, much to say there are some internal issues within the club that need to be sorted out before they will discuss another event. Most, if not all, the members who attended want another shoot and had a great time. Most of the committe members had a great time, even though there were some range issues not apparent to attendees.

As soon as I hear from the committe I will post about a Second Annual Silencer Shoot. I will hopefully know in about 1-2 months.

Dave

Whens the next silencer shoot? I'd love to attend!

read the 3 posts before yours...

Okay. Thats pretty vague but I guess it'll have to suffice for now.

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    Vague? How clear does it need to be? He says that he will post more information about when/where the next shoot might be.. hopefully he will know within 1 or 2 months and 2 days after you post "whens the next silencer shoot?"

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Not trying to be vague at all. Just unfortunatelly cant answer your question at this time. @yellowfin - very funny - ssshhhhh.

If we do another shoot I am looking at next spring. Was hoping for this fall but really dont think that is happening.

Dave

Infidel

Apr 3, 2011
    Derwood, Frederick
    From what I gather the "silencer shoot" was supposed to be with semi-auto weapons only.
    The club's Class III weapons rules were violated when shooters began using FA weapons.
    As per the range rules, Berwyn requires shooters to be certified prior to using FA weapons, or doing holster draws.

Hopefully the Committee will allow another shoot with the guidelines laid out beforehand, As I believe most of the shooters, including myself, were ignorant of these rules.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Not trying to be vague at all. Just unfortunatelly cant answer your question at this time. @yellowfin - very funny - ssshhhhh.

If we do another shoot I am looking at next spring. Was hoping for this fall but really dont think that is happening.

Dave

Hey Dave, I didn't forget about you. I was on vacation, so I'll try to get that DVD out to you as ASAP. Thanks again for all your hard work putting this together. Did you ever upload your videos? I saw the still photos.

<Mach1

Past the Vanishing Point
    Mar 3, 2008
    From what I gather the "silencer shoot" was supposed to be with semi-auto weapons only.
    The club's Class III weapons rules were violated when shooters began using FA weapons.
    As per the range rules, Berwyn requires shooters to be certified prior to using FA weapons, or doing holster draws.

Hopefully the Committee will allow another shoot with the guidelines laid out beforehand, As I believe most of the shooters, including myself, were ignorant of these rules.
    I myself find this most regrettable as Dave did inquire & edit his flier. Not to start a fuss but after multiple inquires it was perceived that fa was acceptable & to be regulated accordingly.

Once again I will thank them for their hospitality & extend my appreciation for their courtesy.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD

Actually we violated no rules. The club gave permission for full auto at this event. It was asked as a particualr part of the shoot and accepted by the club. So, we violated no rules.

As soon as I hear something about the next shoot I will let everyone know.

Dave

Infidel

Apr 3, 2011
    Derwood, Frederick
    Actually we violated no rules. The club gave permission for full auto at this event. It was asked as a particualr part of the shoot and accepted by the club. So, we violated no rules.

As soon as I hear something about the next shoot I will let everyone know.

Dave

I did not mean to ruffle any feathers, but I recently went through the Club's range orientation and was definitely told that no one is permitted to use FA weapons at the range unless they had been certified by the Club's Class III Officer.

The silencer shoot was specifically mentioned as an instance where the Class III Officer should have been present for safety (and liability insurance) reasons.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    We asked the range officers there if we were allowed to shoot full auto . They said "YES".
    as long as it was suppressed. I would not deliberately violate any rules, especially if shooting there as a guest.

If those are the rules, then it was not stated during the Suppressor shoot. An honest error, if there were any errors made.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    No worries, you are not ruffling any feathers. I am very familiar with tthe club and its rules. Just wanted you to understand our side if it. We followed everything they agreed to.

Don't sweat it. Will hopefully have an answer soon about the next meet.

It sounds like you guys had a great time. Hopefully I will have a suppressed full auto item by the next shoot! I am still looking for a MAC

Yeah you should have been there. :rolleyes: someone there had a whole table full of full auto suppressed MACs. :D

Hope to see you at the next one.

Dave

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

Attachments

• Mac Daddy.jpg
      Mac Daddy.jpg
      9.3 KB · Views: 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts