• ...and so much more!
  • Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    SILENCER SUNDAY II + HIGH RISK PUMPKIN CONTEST
    Oct. 18th from 10am to 6pm

You are welcome to bring your own silenced firearms and ammo. Duffy’s will also have firearms on hand that you can test fire. Any silenced bolt action or semi-auto firearms in any caliber, or machine guns in pistol calibers.
    HIGH RISK PUMPKIN CONTEST! - Bring a carved pumpkin, and attendees will vote on the winner at 2pm and all the losers become targets! We will not allow pumkpins carved in the likeness of persons living or dead.
    You must provide your own eye and hearing protection.
    You can bring your own food and beverages.

$10 per person (cash) at entrance to event.
    Must be 18 years old to shoot.

United Coon Hunters Association
    2855 Coon Club Rd, Hampstead, Maryland 21074

There will be marked lanes for you to set up in. You will have 20 minutes to shoot in the lane. If someone is waiting on the lane, you must give it up to them. You can then go and wait on another lane.
    No more than 2 people in each lane, with one person shooting at a time.

Schedule:
    10:00-12:00 "open shoot"
    12:00-12:20 cease fire / target reset / brass collection
    12:20-1:40 rimfire only
    1:40-2:00 cease fire / pumpkins go out!
    2:00-4:00 "open shoot"
    4:00-4:30 cease fire / target reset / brass collection
    4:30-6:00 "open shoot"

Attachments

• SilencerSunday2-Flyer-Wide.jpg
      SilencerSunday2-Flyer-Wide.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 752
    Last edited:

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    They are letting you back in after the car-B-Q?

They loved it!
    (We clean up after ourselves really well.)

This was our rain date, so we didn't want to announce it before we knew we didn't have to use it.

Same two neighbors from last year hated it, but THEY LIVE NEXT TO A GUN RANGE, so... sorry, not sorry.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They loved it!

This was our rain date, so we didn't want to announce it before we knew we didn't have to use it.

Same two neighbors from last year hated it, but THEY LIVE NEXT TO A GUN RANGE, so... sorry, not sorry.

GREAT! Hoping to be there. :thumbsup:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    SILENCER SUNDAY II + HIGH RISK PUMPKIN CONTEST
    Oct. 18th from 10am to 6pm

You are welcome to bring your own silenced firearms and ammo. Duffy’s will also have firearms on hand that you can test fire. Any bolt action or semi-auto firearms in any caliber, or machine guns in pistol calibers.
    HIGH RISK PUMPKIN CONTEST! - Bring a carved pumpkin, and attendees will vote on the winner at 2pm and all the losers become targets!
    You must provide your own eye and hearing protection.
    You can bring your own food and beverages.

$10 per person (cash) at entrance to event.
    Must be 18 years old to shoot.

United Coon Hunters Association
    2855 Coon Club Rd, Hampstead, Maryland 21074
    non-suppressed firearms allowed also? :shrug:

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    I figured as much, I was just confused by the "hearing protection" comment. They're supposed to be quiet, right? :D

Yes, I HAD language that said "even though it'd be mostly optional", and "all guns must be silenced", but I didn't want to have so much small print too many people didn't read it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yes, I HAD language that said "even though it'd be mostly optional", and "all guns must be silenced", but I didn't want to have so much small print too many people didn't read it.

yeah, better safe than sorry. Some people may still want ears for any supersonic rounds(.223)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I didnt understand the whole "high risk" pumpkin carving. Then I read the entire post. Clever idea :D

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Very curious about what shooting with a can sounds like in the real world. Will there be shooting opportunities for those of us who don't yet own any NFA items?

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    Very curious about what shooting with a can sounds like in the real world. Will there be shooting opportunities for those of us who don't yet own any NFA items?

YES! I actually think that the people that will get the most out of the day will be those who are trying to decide on what kind of silencer to buy and what kinds of host there are and how well on thing may work over another.
    I hope everyone will have a good time, obviously, but I want to encourage people to show off what they have and talk to each other.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The first Silent Sunday was awesome. If you have not experienced shooting suppressed, now is your chance. There were just SO many different combos to shoot both rifle and pistol. The highlight was the 308 with subsonic ammo that just dropped everyone's jaw who shot it. Just awesome. Everyone was really cool about letting others try their combos...
    Lots of good folks was definitely a fun time.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The highlight was the 308 with subsonic ammo that just dropped everyone's jaw who shot it. Just awesome.

Absolutely! I put three rounds through it. After the first, I was smiling. After the second, I was grinning. After the third, I asked Vince what suppressor was on the rifle and how do I get one.

I hope to drag along a few toys for folks to try. I'm happy to share the fun as long as my ammo holds out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom