• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Hi -

I hope this is not off-topic for this forum, but I wasn't sure where to place it.

I designed a simple and easy to use target frame to AGC specs. It's cheap and easy to build, transport and use.

Enjoy and let me know if you like it!

Rob.

Attachments

• Target Frame.pdf
      36.5 KB · Views: 843

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Nice, but I would have made it a couple feet taller. If you want to sight in at 25 yards, 6 feet tall is where you want to be.

-Jim

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Nice, but I would have made it a couple feet taller. If you want to sight in at 25 yards, 6 feet tall is where you want to be.

-Jim

Jim -

The target frames are designed to be stacked. You insert one frame into the top of the other. When stacked, you have a 6' tall target with an additional 1' of legs to insert into the ground for a total of 7 feet. If that's not enough, you could stack on another and go for a 9' tall target.

Rob

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Hi -

I hope this is not off-topic for this forum, but I wasn't sure where to place it.

I designed a simple and easy to use target frame to AGC specs. It's cheap and easy to build, transport and use.

Enjoy and let me know if you like it!

Rob.

You may want to put one together and have it on display at the Barnes building along with all the other target frames folks are building.

This is assuming you want to make a small business of making frames.

Just my $0.02 !

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Im lazy, I just buy them there when I need new ones, $25

Would cost me too much as I am always sighting a new scope and shattering the top part of the frame. I made a folder so it fits in my trunk and made the top part easy to replace. Top part fits inside the bottom part when folded and when expanded held open with two wing nust/bolts.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    You may want to put one together and have it on display at the Barnes building along with all the other target frames folks are building.

This is assuming you want to make a small business of making frames.

Just my $0.02 !

I don't want to make a business of making frames. I just designed something simple because I enjoy it (and because I can be a cheap a$$ on occasion :D). Someone at the range liked my design and copied it. I figured others might want to know how to build one too.

Rob.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    It's copyrighted so I can't reproduce it.

You won't get any hassles from me if you copy it, unless you turn it into a monster success of a business. If I would be able to sue you for royalities and retire on the settlement, you might have to watch out. :D

Rob

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Would cost me too much as I am always sighting a new scope and shattering the top part of the frame. I made a folder so it fits in my trunk and made the top part easy to replace. Top part fits inside the bottom part when folded and when expanded held open with two wing nust/bolts.

I replace parts on mine all the time, mine folds as well

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I replace parts on mine all the time, mine folds as well

+1 for the folder and +1 on cutting 8 inch sections of wood just to patch her up.

Has anyone ever forgotten to fix your nearly chopped in half frame until you get up to AGC? I have used the cardboard and staple bandaid several times to mend various sections of target frame together. :)

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I don't use any horizontal cross bar close to the bottom of my stand for the AGC...sometimes the holes in the ground are not the same distance apart, so my vertical 1x2's flex a little.

In a pinch use duct tape for the shattered frames.

I designed my stand to fit in the trunk of my car.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    +1 for the folder and +1 on cutting 8 inch sections of wood just to patch her up.

Has anyone ever forgotten to fix your nearly chopped in half frame until you get up to AGC? I have used the cardboard and staple bandaid several times to mend various sections of target frame together. :)

I haven't done that, but a couple times I have accidentally left the bolts and wing nuts at home. Then I end up trying to use cable ties and/or duct tape to keep the frame standing. Works fine as long as the wind doesn't blow much. :D

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

Nah, it's usually when I have the car loaded and then grab the stand and it falls apart. THEN comes the quick fix. Sometimes after a day at AGC, I actually remember to stop on the way home at HD or Lowes to get some more wood.
    Course, that's illegal with the pistols in the car, so I would only do that if I was carrying just the long guns:D.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I haven't done that, but a couple times I have accidentally left the bolts and wing nuts at home. Then I end up trying to use cable ties and/or duct tape to keep the frame standing. Works fine as long as the wind doesn't blow much. :D

When mine folds there is another set of holes here i put my bolts and wingbuts that actually locks the frame in the folded position. I need to start keeping duct tape in my bag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom