• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    ....two women sitting behind me are talking about how no one needs an assault weapon and ten pretty much calling gun owners crazy. I'm tempted to turn around and offer to take them to the range for some education.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Yeah the media haas done a pretty good job of marginalizing us. Next they , the gov. and the media will start refering us as terrorist. It is a matter of time...IMHO.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Educate them on what an "assault" weapon is. I bet they have no clue. This is your chance to turn Someone over to our side. Do us proud!!!!

dav1d

Jan 20, 2013
    Don't waste your breath dude. Once people have an opinion in their heads, you won't be convincing them of anything no matter how hard you try. Just ask for another table and enjoy ur lunch.

Everyone and their mother is now an expert on what is an AW and how much ammo you need. I mean, just look at Sly, he kills 50 ppl with a six shot revolver.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Don't waste your breath dude. Once people have an opinion in their heads, you won't be convincing them of anything no matter how hard you try. Just ask for another table and enjoy ur lunch.

Everyone and their mother is now an expert on what is an AW and how much ammo you need. I mean, just look at Sly, he kills 50 ppl with a six shot revolver.

I left it be. After seeing all what's going on you start seeing the true ignorance of people

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I miss when restaurants always had those big dividers between booths. That way you didn't have to hear the stupid people around you. I was in Pizza Johns back like the first week of December, before the shtf, and I was talking to my buddy about buying an AK and guy behind him turned around and mouthed off at us.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    It all started I think because my girl and I were talking about our range visit and I was psyched about the magnifier I put on my ar. I think the libs were listening and started their rant.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    The double standard at play again...you and your girlfriend were having a private conversation, the sea donkeys heard and had to talk louder to try and ruin your day. If you speak louder or say something to them, they complain, call you names or act like idiots towards you and somehow it's all your fault. I don't get it. Must be something in DNA that makes them dumb :mad54:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    We don't need to convert them or interact with them. Actually, the more you debate the more likely they will take action on their point of view.

We need to focus on the lawmakers who represent us. Getting the other side riled up just increases their desire to harm our rights. Remember, they tend not to act. They get distracted easily by the idea that someone else is going to do it for them. Let them continue that line of reasoning.

I had much the same situation recently. I took a lot of notes in my head and used them to create useful responses for lawmakers. Sometimes paying attention to the opposition is helpful, even if annoying.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    Ive learned in this last go around of attack on "assault weapons"... A LOT of people dont know the difference of fully automatic guns that already highly regulated, and semi-automatic guns. Many still think that an assault weapon that the politicians and media is talking about are full automatic weapons. Its like we need a short educational commercial like they do during election season.
    a shorter version of this: http://youtu.be/W8YuPPWuGW8

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    They are what I call sea donkeys.

I have been talking at a little higher volume about facts and realities with my girlfriend. One made a smug snarl. Unbelievable!

Trying to change their minds was a waste to time and breath. Talking up (and over them) about the rhymes and reasons for gun ownership with your girlfriend was a good tactic.

Hopefully Ms. 'smug snarl' got a good case of indigestion after choking down her "Rise & Shine" breakfast.

Gyokusai

Jan 11, 2013
    Annapolis
    Ive learned in this last go around of attack on "assault weapons"... A LOT of people dont know the difference of fully automatic guns that already highly regulated, and semi-automatic guns. Many still think that an assault weapon that the politicians and media is talking about are full automatic weapons. Its like we need a short educational commercial like they do during election season.
    a shorter version of this: http://youtu.be/W8YuPPWuGW8

+1

Honestly, I've discussed this issue with a handful of people who were like those two women and generally they just aren't informed and have no clue what they are talking about. A little education goes a long way. We all agree that we'd love to not see crazy people doing crazy stuff, but being ignorant and voting for stuff that has no impact on the crazy people only lawful citizens just creates this bitter environment where nobody wins and the problem is completely ignored.

I've converted a few people who were pro AWB to now agreeing that the real issue and focus needs to be directed elsewhere. I feel great when that happens... it's the small battles won here that can add up in the end.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yeppers ...

We don't need to convert them or interact with them. Actually, the more you debate the more likely they will take action on their point of view.

We need to focus on the lawmakers who represent us. Getting the other side riled up just increases their desire to harm our rights. Remember, they tend not to act. They get distracted easily by the idea that someone else is going to do it for them. Let them continue that line of reasoning.

I had much the same situation recently. I took a lot of notes in my head and used them to create useful responses for lawmakers. Sometimes paying attention to the opposition is helpful, even if annoying.

Slick Willie just said as much ...

Bill Clinton to Democrats: Don’t trivialize gun culture

“All these polls that you see saying the public is for us on all these issues — they are meaningless if they’re not voting issues,” Clinton said.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    ....two women sitting behind me are talking about how no one needs an assault weapon and ten pretty much calling gun owners crazy. I'm tempted to turn around and offer to take them to the range for some education.

Stupid is as stupid does m'am....(Forrest Gump)

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Before I retired I was in uniform at the checkout at Safeway and had a lib dem start ranting about the war and how long we've been there. I turned around and said we've been in Germany and Japan for over fifty years. She looked like I smacked her. The truth F$#ks with them and they cant handle it. Nothing you say or do will ever get into a hard core lib dem's brain. They are sheep and they like it.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If you are in the BE on Padoina, freak em out and tell them are across the street from a gun range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom