• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I'm in my schools capstone engineering course where I must design and develope a product. It can be an innovation or invention. Please answer the following questions: I can post at a later point the outcome of the project.*

Do you have any problems skeet shooting?

If you had anything to make your skeet shooting experience more enjoyable, what would it be(multiple answers is fine)?

Do you wish you could trigger the thrower by yourself(voice activated or foot pedal system)?

Any answers can be duplicates. Don't feel discouraged to post anything that any one else has already mentioned. Doing so honestly would be more beneficial. *Please get the word out to your friends.*

Thank you for your time.*

Balzer94

tim410

Sep 10, 2009
    Towson
    I would like voice activation so you dont get out of your grove when your dumb freinds mess with you or arent paying attention.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I think a manual electronic corded/wireless remote for skeet, requiring someone who is not shooting to pull is ideal. The voice activated skeet throwers involve pushing buttons to release two birds, etc. Not a similar voice activation like you see at Trap ranges.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I think a manual electronic corded/wireless remote for skeet, requiring someone who is not shooting to pull is ideal. The voice activated skeet throwers involve pushing buttons to release two birds, etc. Not a similar voice activation like you see at Trap ranges.

I wasn't even thinking for clubs but more for the "backyard" shooter who wants to shoot but doesn't have a buddy. And we do have the technology to make the traps trigger by word instead of sound.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Electronic foot pedals, voice boxes and solo shooter mechanical releases for the manual traps already exist and often come with the affordable home brew throwers. Not really much else to invent except a better thrower that is more affordable.

Keep it simple stupid applies here, over complicate a clay target thrower and it becomes useless.

Something with voice recognition "Pull" would be nice, but any ding dong can go to Home Depot and Radio Shack and build some sort of rigged foot pedal release if their thrower didn't come with one, it's only completing the circuit and left up to the imagination of someone to build the part themselves as far as that goes. LOL It doesn't get much easier than 12V DC

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I would like voice activation so I can shoot when there is no one else around. Last Friday at LR when it was windy, I was the only person on the range!
    I changed guns and shot trap.
    Often there are empty skeet ranges there during the week where I could practice if there were voice command. You would need a selector switch somewhere to set the call for High/Low/Doubles.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Not for skeet where you can call a HH, LH, or double.

Think about SCs too where you could call an A single, a B single, a double or a report double.

It already exists. Been out there for ten years. You don't see them often because they are pricy.

Be better off developing a better and faster biodegrading target....... same for wads.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You can easily Google voice remotes for skeet and sporting clays. They arent like the junky bull horn system like you see on trap fields

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I would like to know where in the pattern I am hitting or missing the bird. I suppose this could be accomplished with a sound activated camera.

It might be better to build a simulator that uses a shotgun shell “flashlight” to record the point of aim on a light reactive screen, calculates the trajectory, and finds point and pattern of impact. It would look similar to those golf simulators.

Edit: Never mind, simulators have already been invented.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I would like to know where in the pattern I am hitting or missing the bird. I suppose this could be accomplished with a sound activated camera.

It might be better to build a simulator that uses a shotgun shell “flashlight” to record the point of aim on a light reactive screen, calculates the trajectory, and finds point and pattern of impact. It would look similar to those golf simulators.

Edit: Never mind, simulators have already been invented.

You can tell how you're hitting them by shooting full choke and looking at how the target breaks. If you are centered, you get smoke. If you hit them on the left, the pieces fall to the right.... on the top, the peices go down, etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom