• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    In reading a thread yesterday about the AK recoil buffers not generally being needed, I got to thinking about the SKS.

Is there any good reason to have a recoil buffer in a SKS? Specifically a Yugo M59/66.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    just my take...i like them...i know some oppose them but i think it takes away felt recoil and none have caused problems with feeding or rate of fire...in the rifles i used them in...this may not be the norm but my experience has been good! :thumbsup: your individual results/likes may vary...

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I think recoil buffers are more personal preference than anything else.
    I have them in my AK, 10/22, and 1911 and I've noticed there's a slightly different feel when shooting and even a little less recoil but I don't think it's very important or needed unless you do an awful lot of shooting and are worried about wear. I've noticed with my old and heavily used Yugo SKS the bolt hits the chamber face after every shot and leaves an impression.
    It has me a little concerned but I don't think a buffer would help with this.

I put one in my Norinco SKS and it works fine with a noticeable reduction. I suspect that most of the problems encountered by folks who complain about them are due to improper installation rather then the item itself. Now go ahead and make that thing completely Tacti-COOL and get er dun!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom